free website stats program Ice Storm | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ice Storm

We've been relatively lucky here in Maine, most of the storms went to the South of us and we just got light snow 8" to 12". Sorry Mass. Just enough so the only thing I've been doing this winter is riding the snow blower and watching reruns of Long Way Around on cable. Hope the groundhog was right, but up here an early Spring and 6 more weeks of Winter is the same thing. :(

No work today. got close to 20 inches of snow and 40 mph wind. gonna shovel awhile then have a few beers. sitting around looking at pics of some of our rides last summer, not sure if its helping my mood or making it worse.

here in south west Ontario 3>4 inches of snow no ice & little wind where we are .
still light snow now, still waiting for blizzard , 4 inches of snow is just an inconvence. I haven`t seen a storm that covered cars since 72. still waiting.

Thankfully eastern PA/NJ is mostly water now. Drove in this morning to work in a mess, left early since our building was shut down and much better. We got about 2 inches of snow, covered by ice, but now the problem is the rain and the potential flooding as all the snow that was on the ground is melting.

:newsmile078::newsmile078::newsmile078:

plenty of sleet in North Jersey right thru the morning. This is not the last one either, gonna get some more over the weekend.

I lost some shingles when the winds started gusting past 50m.p.h. The snow drift at the corner was as tall as my car, but the weird thing is that the roads were clear all the way up to the corner. I think all and all we ended up with 8-10 inches of snow, that came in sideways.

I am 50 miles se of kansas city and have about 1/2 in of ice and anywhere from 14 to 16 in of snow. late yesterday and last night the winds blew like crazy. yesterday I bladed my drive off twice with tractor and blade,( a little over a 1/4 mile long ) got up this morning and you couldent tell I had done anything. spent 4hrs today and approx 5/6 hrs yesterday on the tractor on 13 degree temps. COME ON SPRING!

Got this picture taken in Oklahoma...I can think of at least one rider who is unhappy that the snowstorm hit suddenly...

Last edited:
Back