free website stats program ICE (in case of emergency) | Harley Davidson Forums

ICE (in case of emergency)

kemo

R.I.P
"ICE" Your Phone.
Apparently this is a standard procedure paramedics follow at the scene of an accident when they come across your cell phone.

ICE - 'In Case of Emergency'
We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call.. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.
The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell(mobile) phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' (In Case O f Emergency).
The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as 'ICE.'
For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc. A great idea that will make a difference!
Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today!
Please forward this . It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this . It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest . ICE will speak for you when you are not able to.

Re: ICE (in case of emergency)

Kemo,
I have been doing this for a couple years now and it also helps if you lose your phone as I did a year ago did not even know that i had lost it untill i got home and my wife say's where is your phone so I reached for it and it was gone.She laughed and told me someone had found it and called the ICE number witch was her and I went and picked up my phone great idea.Never thought about 1 2 or 3 that is great too,have to do that tonight thanks

I'm ICED, also home, wife, emergency, me and notify. Now if I could just remember to carry the thing with me.

That's a good idea. Actually I didn't call it ICE but I did have a Contact card in my wallet in 1996 when I was knocked out cold in an auto accident. I woke up to smelling salts with an ambulance tech in the front seat with me.

He asked me what day it was, I did not know. He asked me what my name was and I did know that. He asked me my phone number, I did not have a clue, only wondered why I was waking up in my Truck instead of my bed at home. And why was my Truck all caved in on me and why couldn't I feel my right arm.

He got my wallet out and called my wife. She and my father in law were at the hospital when I got there.

I have my phone iced. You never know when it might be needed.

Good idea mine sais [my wife] Ill add the word ice..

Back