free website stats program I'am tired of changeing brands of oil ! | Harley Davidson Forums

I'am tired of changeing brands of oil !

lakeforktx

Heres the deal...I bought a 04 Electra Glide with 8,200 miles. The prev. owner used H.D. 360 "dyno" oil..Knowing that "syn" oil was better and being my first H.D. I switched to H.D. Syn 3 oil, thinking that would be better than reg.oil..I was o.k. with that...till I read on this forum that the Mobil 1 was the oil of choice..O.k. great..about that time wallyworld started selling Mobile 1 v-Twin oil for $8.79 a qt. So then I switched to Mobil 1 , great.. seams to run smooth was easy to get, and cheaper, no trouble. So I go back to Wallyworld to get oil for my next oil change,and they no longer sell Mobil 1. Now they sell Castrol V-twin..Not a fan of Castrol oil.To make a long story shorter..4 oil changes , 3 differnt brands, and I don't like swaping brands like that...SO.. I thinking about changeing back to H.D. syn 3 .It's easy to get, Amsoil harder to find.. And if it blows up so be it, I will just buy a new motor...Done worrying about it.. thanks.............:(

To make sure my scoot gets it daily dose of the proper vitamins and minerals I think I will put in 1 qt. each of Mobil 1, Castrol V-twin and Belray 15-50 at my next oil change :D

Obviously from reading your post it's irritating to you. But as long as you're using a high quality, full synthetic, do you think your bike really cares how often you change? That's what's important right - keeping your bike happy?

:p

That and keeping your wallet happy...Advanced Auto consistantly has low price for Mobil I and if it works for you, I would go that route...$7.99 is not a bad price for peace of mind and consistancy. :s

But as the good Dr said...you really can't do "bad" with 100% synthetic if you change your oil regularly...the delta is not that much between brands of 100% syn vs the delta between dino oil and 100% syn...:D

I don't know of any Advance Auto's anywhere around here, Autozone and O Reiliys don't carry it ? I liked the Mobil oil alright ,, I will search for the closest Advance Auto..Thanks...

Lake,

The Autozone stores near me carry the Mobil 1 and that's usually where I get mine. Have you tried asking them if they can stock it for you at your local Autozone, might be worth a try?

TripleJ, ...and if you use 20w50, 15w50 and 10w40 you'll be set for any kind of weather!
LOLO.......
wilks3

Heres the deal...I bought a 04 Electra Glide with 8,200 miles. The prev. owner used H.D. 360 "dyno" oil..Knowing that "syn" oil was better and being my first H.D. I switched to H.D. Syn 3 oil, thinking that would be better than reg.oil..I was o.k. with that...till I read on this forum that the Mobil 1 was the oil of choice..O.k. great..about that time wallyworld started selling Mobile 1 v-Twin oil for $8.79 a qt. So then I switched to Mobil 1 , great.. seams to run smooth was easy to get, and cheaper, no trouble. So I go back to Wallyworld to get oil for my next oil change,and they no longer sell Mobil 1. Now they sell Castrol V-twin..Not a fan of Castrol oil.To make a long story shorter..4 oil changes , 3 differnt brands, and I don't like swaping brands like that...SO.. I thinking about changeing back to H.D. syn 3 .It's easy to get, Amsoil harder to find.. And if it blows up so be it, I will just buy a new motor...Done worrying about it.. thanks.............:(
To be campletly honest about it, There aint nothin wrong with HD oils and your bike will run just as long as it would with M1Vtwin. I know the old argument about Citgo and Hugo, but think about where all the other oil campanies get there base from? The middle east for the most part? I had an issue with one dealer trying to rip people off, but I may go back to Hd oil just for the ease of getting it from a good dealer and there is no (what if ) about the oil holding up. I have seen many UOA's that show HD360 doing just as good as M1 and Amsoil in wear comparisons along with Valvoline VR1 racing holding up as good too. I know I will be getting flamed to no end for this comment but it is what it is. If you do enough research with an open mind you will begin to see through the scare tactics and hype. Now I gotta get my fire suit on and get ready.

Back