free website stats program I was forced off I-85 @ 70 Mph | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I was forced off I-85 @ 70 Mph

When I over take any vehicle I always keep an eye on them by watching the wheels and signals. I also move to the opposite track (in this case the left track) to give myself more space (and time) for situations like this one.

Excellent strategy! Everyone needs to reread this and give it serious consideration if they're not already doing this.

Good move Mongo, I always try to pass cars quickly just to avoid the situation. Riding in Atlanta is quite a challenge.

If you think Atlanta is bad, try Miami Fla. That place is Freak'n wicked crazy down there:11:. I know cuz I lived down there for 30 years.

Have you notice that a lot of folks think GA 400 is the speed limit instead of hwy number...he-he!

Have you notice that a lot of folks think GA 400 is the speed limit instead of hwy number...he-he!

(Glad you're ok Mongo)

Ha gator, not if they've been introduced to the GASTAPO. (Georgia State Police)

They are noted for swaming on speeders like bees on honey.

I see you have first hand experience with the north side of Atlanta!!:11: GA 400 is in no way affiliated with NASCAR. The Atlanta race war is on the south side
:lolrolling

She took the exit to go clean her drawers.:)
Glad yo made it out OK.

I kinda know that feeling:bigsmiley25:

(Glad you're ok Mongo)

Ha gator, not if they've been introduced to the GASTAPO. (Georgia State Police)

They are noted for swaming on speeders like bees on honey.

Plus they have begun to perform the Motorcycle only stops as well. :newsmile055:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually stay in the right wheel track when passing on the left. I've found the driver has a better chance to see me IF they look in their side view mirror plus I can move to the left if they start into my lane and still be on the road by the time they do realize someone is there.

I am expeirencing more close calls than I used to. I believe this is due to the stock exhaust on my new bike. My sportster had screaming eagle pipes. The new FXDC is whisper quiet, and cages don't notice me sometimes.

Back