free website stats program I Want to buy a Used Touring Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Want to buy a Used Touring Harley

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a used Street Glide or Road King. I cant seem to find the information on the differences in the production years. I cant seem to find what will be best bang for the buck between motors, frame sizes and newer options. I'm not a mechanic but I can do regular maintenance. Can anyone point me in the right direction or website?

Thanks in advance

If it has not been posted here already, see here:

For sale!! Harley davidson road king classic - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

WOW Jonnyeng RK is nice!!! I'm renting a SG next week and then a Road King a week later to get the feel of both of them.

I think you're on the right track by renting and riding to see how you like them. Plus with all the info here........you can't go wrong!!!

I have a Road King and my brother has a Street Glide. I love my RK but if I had to do it again I'd probably go with the SG. I have a couple friends who have put fairings on their RK's and have never put their windshields back on. Who needs tunes when riding? Ask anyone who has them.

Best bet is to ride both and see what fits you better. Some people just don't like the fairing while others sear by them.

Just like anything else, take your time and look around. As for motors, bigger is always better in my oppinion. I will say that I will never willingly own a bike without a 6 speed (or more).

Everything depends on you and your preferances and riding habits.

Back