free website stats program I Want to buy a Used Touring Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

I Want to buy a Used Touring Harley

jgreg65

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a used Street Glide or Road King. I cant seem to find the information on the differences in the production years. I cant seem to find what will be best bang for the buck between motors, frame sizes and newer options. I'm not a mechanic but I can do regular maintenance. Can anyone point me in the right direction or website?

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying a used Street Glide or Road King. I cant seem to find the information on the differences in the production years. I cant seem to find what will be best bang for the buck between motors, frame sizes and newer options. I'm not a mechanic but I can do regular maintenance. Can anyone point me in the right direction or website?

Thanks in advance

Met a guy last weekend who had just bought a 07 Police bike with 10K on it from Nebraska. Only $12,000 and he said they had 10 of them on e-bay. Good luck!

Richard has given you some very good advice. In addition, it does not hurt to go to Harley's website and look at the differences between the new models. Most of these are continuations of those same features from prior years, so anything you like more on one model of the current year over another model, will probably apply to earlier years of those same models. Of course, if you like the 6-spd tranny on current models, but you are looking at models from the '90s, you may have to think about some up-grades in the future if you go with an older bike!!

Here is the Harley site for '09s:

Harley-Davidson USA | Motorcycles | 2009 Motorcycles

The tens are here too!!

TQ

Great,

Thanks Richard I'm headed over there now. Glad to meet you all. I'm headed over to the new members area. Thanks All

Back