I want a 16" Wheel on my Street Bob

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by bvitale, Jul 27, 2009.

1. bvitale

bvitale New Member

Hey all. I was curious as to what tire and wheel size I need to go with to get a 16" Tire on the front of my Bob. Also did you buy a new hub and disk or did you just re lace your hub with a new rim and spokes? And one last question for you. What should I expect to pay for this?

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

2. rancid

rancid Active Member

fat bob has 16 inch wheels, there aint really any sticky tires for the 16s but there are some choices avail for em, i believe the fxdf has a 3" front and a 5" rear, then ya gotta space em up

3. bvitale

bvitale New Member

Thanks for the hints. I think I am going to just bring it to my friends uncles shop and have him relace it. I just need to figure out what size tire will fit between my forks. As for the spokes hitting the caliper. If I use my hub and a standard 3" front wheel won't they be fine due to the same hub?

Thanks again,
    Brandon

4. bvitale

bvitale New Member

Hmm. A lot to take into consideration. Though I will get it done at PeeWee Cycles. And I know Kurt knows his stuff. But I am going to wait until my tires need replacing. No sense in wasting good tires and tread. As for the sticky tires and grip. I am fine for going with stock HD tires. I don't rip into the turns like I used to anymore. And the stockers were fine for me.

Again thanks for all the info,
    Brandon