free website stats program I trashed my bike today..... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I trashed my bike today.....

My memory isnt as good as it ( never ) was..:)..When I start something I try to stay on it till its done....This might sound stupid but, if I drain my oil and was going to leave it, I would pull the key and stick a note pad on my bike or something like that....When Im doing a job in my cabinet shop and I stop for the day If I need to, I will make a note where I left off so I dont make a mistake. This also helps me to get started quick the next day..I gess by doing all this, it means my mind isnt working to well..:bigsmiley21:..Oh well.

And to add to what everyone else is saying, by being totally honest and telling your story here, you're helping an unbelievable number of members who might have done the same thing someday.

Thanks.

A big PLUS on that. We are all learning from each other--The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly!!:newsmile108::newsmile108:

Part of my "oil change kit" is 2 spring clip clothes pins, painted red with "NO OIL" written on them. One goes on the key ring that I have removed from the bike, car, lawn tractor or what ever else I could harm. The other gets clipped to a highly visible (mirror, switch cover, shift lever, etc.) area. The Electra Glide ign. gets locked, because the clothes pin doesn't fit the big switch.

Part of my "oil change kit" is 2 spring clip clothes pins, painted red with "NO OIL" written on them. One goes on the key ring that I have removed from the bike, car, lawn tractor or what ever else I could harm. The other gets clipped to a highly visible (mirror, switch cover, shift lever, etc.) area. The Electra Glide ign. gets locked, because the clothes pin doesn't fit the big switch.

Excellent idea!:D

Great idea!!!! Kind of like a lock out for an electrician.

yeah i still cant believe i did it. thats what i get for trying to do something while running late for work. it makes me sick everytime i think about it. sorry if i offended anyone in the first post, i was just really upset....

Since you started this Breeze gave us his solution and Glider made it a permanent part of the self help. Feel any better now? Thanks again for the tip Breeze

Harley motors and trannys are pretty forgiving as long as you did not run it too long, and we all have made mistakes like this when in a hurry, as long as we learn:s

Many years ago, I drained my oil tank on my Bonneville. Rode it to my girls, an the light only came on when I went home. Made it home with no damage, but I sure know the feeling.

Can't believe how honest you were with your first post Lang. By now you probably see it wasn't a mistake, it was a learning experience. :s

Back