free website stats program I thought they were gone . . . . newbie alert! | Harley Davidson Forums

I thought they were gone . . . . newbie alert!

markfsanderson

For the first time, I carefully looked at the Harley-Davidson 2012 catalog. I noticed that the Sportsters engines are all listed as EVO engines! For some reason I was under the impression that all air-cooled H-D engines produced today are Twin-Cam . . . Is the EVO going to be around for a while? Are there any other air-cooled engine types being built for production bikes today? Thanks in advance for the info . . .

Mark- thanks!:newsmile03:

For the first time, I carefully looked at the Harley-Davidson 2012 catalog. I noticed that the Sportsters engines are all listed as EVO engines! For some reason I was under the impression that all air-cooled H-D engines produced today are Twin-Cam . . . Is the EVO going to be around for a while? Are there any other air-cooled engine types being built for production bikes today? Thanks in advance for the info . . .

Mark- thanks!:newsmile03:

The Sporster has an Evo style top end, a major improvement over the Iron Heads, The Evo will be around in the Aftermarket for a long time, it is a very good platform and are many after market hot rod parts around:s

The Sporster has an Evo style top end, a major improvement over the Iron Heads, The Evo will be around in the Aftermarket for a long time, it is a very good platform and are many after market hot rod parts around:s

Cool! Thanks Jack! Now if I could just figure out a way to afford one of those 48's . . .

Mark!

Sportster engine has 4 separate cams one for each valve these cams are all meshed together by gears in the gear case
if you look at the sportster engine you will notice that the push rod tubes are straight up and down this will keep the push rod as short as possible and give a straight lift which is all good fundamental design of the engine and it has been like that for a long time no need to change it as it works well

Brian

Back