I sure like to ride but I hate pollen

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ImaRider, May 8, 2014.

1. ImaRider

ImaRider Active Member

I have been out riding everyday this week. I can see clouds of yellow pollen blowing off the pine trees here. During each ride my nose starts to plug up and I have difficulty breathing. I wear a FF helmet and had to shut off a sneeze one time. Gross as it is I couldn't sneeze inside my helmet. I will be glad when all the pollen counts drop.

2. mat 60

mat 60 Senior Member

Could you where a dust mask or a bandanna to cover your nose and mouth...Being it would be under your helmet you would still look cool riding..:)

3. wazzle

wazzle Member

Get a prescription for flutisicone nasal spray.

4. kennyw

kennyw Active Member

hi I have same problem. I wear open faced helmet an use a "respro bandit" face mask which has a filter to prevent pollen gas fumes ect washable but I get new one each year,

5. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

get water and soak a dust mask or a bandanna then put it on. you can ring it out but leave it damp as you can. it works. i had a lady rider once she complained about that stuff. i told her to at least try it. she said it works great but dries out . give it a try

6. ImaRider

ImaRider Active Member

I never thought about using a bandanna under a helmet but it sounds like a good idea, I'll give it a try and see how it does. If it works wet I may try the charcoal one after that. Thanks guys

7. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

let us know what works. please

8. stray dog

stray dog Junior Member

I'm allergic to grasses and it usually lasts for the month of June.

I've been using loratadine, the generic of claratin for many years. You need to take it every day during the allergy duration and not just when symptoms crop up. It works well for me, its pretty cheap and non-drowsy.

My biggest problem is the itchy-Burning eyes.

9. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

I'm not allergic to pollen, but I hate to see it get everywhere, such a pain to rinse off the patio furniture, house, etc....