free website stats program I Spent $1.06 at Stealer. | Harley Davidson Forums

I Spent $1.06 at Stealer.

hapbob

New Years Eve Was taking the wife out for dinner and a movie and I knew there was a Harley Dealer in that town. I needed a part for the FLHX and planned on stopping to get it. I had the wife with me and when the parts gal told me $1.06 for the part I told the wife...See I don't spend that much on the Harley!..I see on the package it says two things.
Genuine Harley-Davidson Moto Parts
And
MADE IN CHINA!!!!
What you am I supposed to do?
It was the rubber pad on the Jiffy Stand return to frame area.
Hap

What can you say - the Chinese are taking control of everything/anything they can export cheaper than US. Just make sure you test it for lead.:s

How can it be cheaper for the MOCO to make that in china and ship it half way around the world then sell it for 1.06, the dealer only pays half of the $1.06, so it must cost them about half a cent to make in china and 3/4 cent in USA.:USA:USA:USA

American companies will sell us down the river to people who are willing to work for .37 cents a day and a bucket of fish heads......, with the willing help of our government in the name of "free trade"....as long as we have goverment for sale to the higest bidder.....till we stop political donations (ie bribes) to our elected "royality" in Washington.....

Yep, too bad HD that used to really try and push americanism on the consumer out of their parinoia of being run out of biz by the japanese is in now and had been in bed with the chinese for some time. :bigsmiley6:

Hey, best $1.06 you ever spent...not many can boast that they came away with much less in their wallet than that...eh...other than "free" of course...in todays' economy that is a plus, Made in China or not! And please don't call your HD dealer a "stealer" generically, as many are struggling and pretty decent too!

Back