free website stats program I Remember when you could get, | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Remember when you could get,

Growing up in Detroit, MI

Blue Laws, Everything was closed on Sunday's

Mom and Dad told me about Restricted Neighborhoods.

McDonald Hamburgers were 15 cents
No drive through fast food, walk up windows only

Chocolate Candy bars at 5 cents

I must not be as old as some of you are.:naughty
But I do remember .19 cent hamburgers at Burger Chef. How about S&H green stamps and Gold stamps? The cheapest I ever saw gas was .50 a gallon. I remember when gas hit a $1.00 they hay to reconfigure the pumps to charge for 1/2 gallons because the pumps couldn't do $1.00 a gallon. In first grade we used to go hunting for coke bottles because we would get a nickle for them.

I remember when your word and a handshake were all you needed.

I find this sort of condescending statement, that past generations were more trustworthy than more recent ones, to be quite arrogant and not correct. I know of no one more honest, upstanding, caring and generous than my own two kids, and their circle of friends . I also know quite a few older folk who I wouldn't turn my back on, real snakes!!
Seems to be an older conservative view to me, and I just disagree.

Someone brought up the cost of a concert...how about $2.00 for this line up in the 60's...before the "summer of love...!"

KFRC_Concert.jpg

Last edited:
Reading through these I've seen a couple of hamburger price replies. Made me think. I remember when McDonald's signs had "1 Million Served", then 2 Million, 3 Million, etc.

Someone brought up the cost of a concert...how about $2.00 for this line up in the 60's...before the "summer of love...!"

My eyes are not so good, did i see "The Doors"? I see Wilson Pickett, The Byrds. I am interested to know the rest of the bill. Did you go to this show?

Back