free website stats program I pulled the trigger...finally | Harley Davidson Forums

I pulled the trigger...finally

J

jimharvey1

Went to Biketoberfest in Daytona with the MC and on the way back, noticed my check engine light on. Oh-oh! Quick scan of the gauges showed the voltage at around 11 volts! I was about 30 miles from home (Jacksonville) at the time but opted to press on and at least get close when it finally died. I hawked that voltage gauge constantly. It seemed to hold steady at about 10.5 volts for awhile and I kept praying..."just get me close, baby! I can get a tow from here!" Over the Buckman Bridge I went...almost there...reading maybe 9 volts! Off at Blanding...no traffic at the light...tach and speedo started going nuts. Turned down my street and she started backfiring and coughing...just a few hundred yards more. Turned onto my street and with one final POP...it died. I coasted the remaining 100 feet into my driveway. Lucky or what?!?!

Anyway, come to find out when I brought it in on Tuesday, it was a voltage regulator. But...too late. When I delivered the bike to the service folks I made the fatal error of going in the showroom and fell in love. I am now the proud owner of a 2012 FLHTCU. Sweet bike!
:bigsmiley14:

Attachments

• New Harley 005a.jpg
    New Harley 005a.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 182
It is possible to fix a broke bike you do not need to buy a new one when the bike breaks down :s
I hope you have many happy miles on your new bike

Those dealer places are dangerous to your wallet

Brian

I try to stay away from the showroom the same way I have to stay away from stores that sell puppies. I know I'll want to bring all the bikes and puppies home:)
best to you and your beautiful new ride!

Did you get a free t-shirt? Congrats on the new steed and may you make many miles of memories upon it....:)

Back