free website stats program I need help | Harley Davidson Forums

I need help

I have a noise coming from the front of my bike. It's not coming from the front wheel as far as I can tell. It seems like it might be coming from behind the front fork area.:17:It kind of sounds like a vibration and whisleing It starts when I am accelerating and decellerating between 30 and 40 mph. I'm not to good with motorcycles. I just rode it for the first time in about 7 days. I did have a vibration noise between 57 and 59 mph before. The bike has 17,800. I hope this makes since and I hope someone can give advice. Thanks.

I have a noise coming from the front of my bike. It's not coming from the front wheel as far as I can tell. It seems like it might be coming from behind the front fork area.:17:It kind of sounds like a vibration and whisleing It starts when I am accelerating and decellerating between 30 and 40 mph. I'm not to good with motorcycles. I just rode it for the first time in about 7 days. I did have a vibration noise between 57 and 59 mph before. The bike has 17,800. I hope this makes since and I hope someone can give advice. Thanks.

So some where between the top of the tire and bottom of windsheild?

and whisleing It starts when I am accelerating and decellerating between 30 and 40 mph.
Have you checked for exhaust gasket leaks where the pipe joins to the cylinder?

Otherwise the drive belts make some noises that can be deceiving as to the location.

You also might want to push the cables aside a little. Perhaps re-arrange them in two pairs by loosely putting two tyraps around them. (not to tight as you don't want to interfere with the inner cables of the clutch and throttle)
Possibly it's wind noise funneling through under the headlight or between headlight and shield and moving your cables will change the pitch if this is the case.

Still Have problem

Thanks for the info on oter thread. I checked all reccomendations and could not find out where the noise is coming from. The noise sounds like a whisleing and squelling but not like brake squells sound it makes the noise at low speeds and high speeds while excelerating just for a few seconds then stops. It will not make the sound past 55 mph. I don't know how elese to explain it. Any other ideas. Thanks.

Re: Still Have problem

Possible it's coming from the primary, the compensator sprocket nuts had a problem with loosening up.When loose enough they sound like a knock in the engine but it may be hitting the inner side of the cover. Just thinking out loud here.

I moved your new post here so the info can be seen from the original post.

Back