I need help!

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 08roadglider, Oct 24, 2009.

1. 08roadglider

08roadglider Member

Rainy day here, i installed stage 1 air cleaner, power commander and reinhardt slip ons. I went to download map and they dont have reinhardt slip on map. I downloaded map for SE stage 1 air cleaner, stock ecm, stock head pipes, and bub7 slip ons (map m818-002). Bike seem to idle great, sounds great, no missing, no backfiring unless i really pop it. The only thing i noticed is that right muffler seems to have more compression and heat than left. Is this normal? After running for about 15 minutes, i pulled plugs and they seemed normal. Light dust colored. HD Service manual says that is result of balanced engine. Any help would be appreciated. I cant really take out on ride due to fact torrential downpouring today in my area.

2. 08roadglider

08roadglider Member

so I shouldnt worry too much about it? Tomorrow will be going for a decent ride, weather is supposed to be much better. I will check plugs when I get back.

3. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

No you should be fine, unless you run true dual headers you will feel more out the one pipe than the other.

4. 08roadglider

08roadglider Member

Thanks guys! I will also call power commander on Monday, of course they are closed on weekends. They are usually very helpful and see if there is a different map i should be using or any fine tuning i need to do. I was worried, it was not a huge difference, but significant enough i noticed it. At first i thought i may have a leak on thqat side but when checked it was all tight. I dont want to harm engine

5. 08roadglider

08roadglider Member

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. Will post what power commander says also. Maybe someone else could use info. I feel much better now. The bike sounds AWESOME. I cant wait to take her for a spin. I wont pull plugs warm. didnt know that was a possible problem causing issue. Thanks. I learn more here than talking to any hd mech.

6. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

As said unless you changed to true duals the left side is mostly for looks and little sound

7. 08roadglider

08roadglider Member

Man you guys have taken a load off my mind! I appreciate everything, as always. I was worried. The good thing is that they burn clean, no smoke of any color!