free website stats program I need help! | Harley Davidson Forums

I need help!

George-jr

I have a 97 Heritage softail and its got a screamin eagle selectable race module, So I was wondering if someone could tell me what the little switches on the bottom due? Or what they are for and adjustments? I do have a problem with it backfire's threw carb when I hit the throttle at stops but runs great going down the road and some black smoke from tailpipes when it backfires from carb.... Could ya help me out?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial] The module switches provide for selectable curves and rev limits. Ignition can be tuned to optimize the performance of various combinations of high performance parts. Single or dual fire capability etc. [/FONT][/FONT]

Thank you, So is there a book on the settings or something like that so I could try different settings or is this something I shouldnt mess with.... I am a do it myself man so I would like to try new things with this and know what it does if its possible?

Without the papers(book) that came with it, I would leave it as is if it is running good. Maybe the dealer can copy the instructions if they have one in stock for you.

Would that be the Harley dealer? It was on the bike when I got it two weeks ago and the starter just went out three days a go so I was fixing that and then found the module so do you think that it would cause the backfire threw carb or maybe sparkplugs?

Thank you, Yes that helps mine is the third one down.. So now I need help with tire... My rear tire is cupped so do you know what that means?

So should I replace the tire and tube, The tire is worn to about 2/32 maybe 3/32 tread left and valve stem is bad on tube...

Back