free website stats program I need a new helmet! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I need a new helmet!

In research for a quality helmet last year, (after 35 years of riding) I saw a test report that showed the greatest number of impacts happen to the front of the face.

I prefer my face in the full wind, but states have laws, and with age, there's times I feel better with it, especially when I ride in whatever nature throws down.

I thought I did well with a full face modular from Nolan, but to make the story short, it failed on a road trip and I bought a top shelf Shoei. Very happy with it, when I wear it.

Okay, so I bought a HJC CL-16 full-face street helmet when I started riding last year. It is DOT/Snell, economical, and has been a good starter helmet; but since I just got my first Harley I think I need a helmet as good as my bike ;-)

I like the protection of a full-face, but I do find the chin guard kind of annoying at times, and I see it is kind of common, almost expected, that if you ride a Harley you have a half helmet. I really have no interest in a half, though, so I am thinking 3/4.

You guys got suggestions for a really good quality 3/4 that I should try? How about a Shoei J-Cruise? I bought the HJC online, but I am DEFINITELY buying in a shop this time so I can try them on. Or, if you have an opinion about types I am glad to hear them. Like, what will I miss about the full, or what will I might not like about a 3/4....
i bought a bell star on line at motor cycle super store, for a little over $200 (it retails for $485) the bell's fit is the same as your hat size .they make a great 3/4 model also

Back