free website stats program I need a couple more inches of handlebar pullback | Harley Davidson Forums

I need a couple more inches of handlebar pullback

retgi

Don't most of us? Anyway on a recent 900 mile round trip on my 10' SG I started to get pains in my neck and shoulder from having my arms stretched out. We stopped every hour or so to stretch but within 20 minutes of riding my pain returned. I'm looking for handlebar suggestions. Is there a handlebar with more pullback without the rise? I really don't want to have to add mirrors to my bars and like the mirrors in the fairing.

I have a 09 SG and I too had to have more pullback...I had 2" pullbacks installed at my dealership before we took off for Alaska...a life saver..they had to install new clutch and brake cables, but didnot have to replace the mirrors...I hope this helps.

I have a 09 SG and I too had to have more pullback...I had 2" pullbacks installed at my dealership before we took off for Alaska...a life saver..they had to install new clutch and brake cables, but didnot have to replace the mirrors...I hope this helps.

So do you know the part number or the name of those bars? thanks....

Check out the Heritage Softail bars, several post on here about them (check the self help link), more pull back, and you can use exsisting cables.

not trying to hijack this thread but will the heritage bars work on a 09 ultra also for a 2in pull back without changing cables

The Heritage bars are too narrow at the bottom to fit with Batwing fairings. Here's a couple options for you.

Klockwerks - Ergo Bars (3 styles to choose from)
Cycle Smiths - Apes and Dresser bars (several styles to choose from)
Harley Davidson - Reach bars

There's several more options out there as well.

Just installed the Pullbacks on my 2010 Limited. Had to change the clutch cable only. What a difference they made, always felt like I had to reach for the bars. Now they're right there. I'm 5' 10", 31" inseam.

Back