free website stats program I Must Have Winter HD Fever! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Must Have Winter HD Fever!

Put the tourpack on your SG and take some of the money you saved and buy the extended warranty you have been thinking about. In the long run that will add value to your bike when you honestly do want to sell it!

Yet another rational, well thought out, cool headed response. Something I'm obviously incapable of today! Smitty and Glider emphasized the same point - value added to your current bike. A Tour Pack and a warranty are definite selling points down the road.

We all get the HD fever... My newest bike is a 2007 FatBoy which I have put a lot of money into thinking I will have this bike a "long" time. In 2 years I now have over 22,000 miles and there is absolutely nothing wrong with and I have the fever for the 2009 SG like you have. The 2009 comes out with a new frame and a better ride and I'm thinking "I need that" when there is nothing wrong with the bike I have. Your original post is the root of the problem... you were in the dealer looking around... the moral of the story is for me... stay away from the HArley candy store!

aint that the truth every time i go in there i end up with something else - they have an 06 sporty with apes and custom paint and and and :D noooooooooo i must not buy, i must not buy :bigsmiley8:

Harleylics....

alcoholics must stay away from the alcohol and the places where it may be served...

Harleylics must stay away from the evil Harley Dealers who are responsible for the spread of the very contagious disease..

Stay away from Harley and be careful looking at other people's bikes, this is the real danger. As was mentioned early this forum by itself is deadly enough.

Doc, you are in way too much of a quandry. This is not good for your health. This condition could lead to seizures or stroke.

To help you resolve this issue, I recommend you send me a check for half the amount you would be adding to buy the Ultra. This will help in three ways;
1. After sending me money, you will not have enough to consider buying new.
2. You can then without hesitation go get the new tour pack.
3. You'll have made me up to $2000 richer and you won't be poorer as you were gonna spend the money anyway.

Plus: Your health will improve and you'll have a steadier hand on the yoke.

Hope this helps,
PM me and I'll send my address for the check.

:D:D
Respectfully yours,
doc sledge

Keep the SG

Well Doc, I can't offer much help. I went in to the HD dealership Saturday looking for some t-shirts and came out with a different bike.

I didn't go in looking, but I sure got BIT. (Bike is being delivered tomorrow.)

I'm planning on having this one for a LONG time. I rode my other bike long enough to know that it pounded the crap out of me on long rides. This one is going to be alot nicer on my aging frame!

Good luck with whatever decision you make. It'll be the right one whichever way you go.

aint that the truth every time i go in there i end up with something else - they have an 06 sporty with apes and custom paint and and and :D noooooooooo i must not buy, i must not buy :bigsmiley8:

:DYeeeeeeees You must buy, you must, Go tomorow and buy it Hobbit:bigsmiley20:

Back