free website stats program I Must Be A Lunatic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Must Be A Lunatic

Picc,
The mods I did came after all of the great people on here giving awsome advise from experance they have. I was not going to listen to the stealer and have them sell me a boat load of hourse you know what.
I was not looking for a 1/4 mile, race from stop sign to stop sign bike. I just wanted MY bike to run cooler, richer, and smoother and yes louder! LOUD pipes (not affensive) along with horn and finger have saved a few cagers from pushing me out of MY lane or off the road. On that being said, I think you are doing the right thing by asking others their thoughts and opinions on what they have done or recomend from past or present experience.
This is a good place to start, sure you will get all sorts of opinions, but it is you that will make the choice after you have done your home work.

Awww man the song, it’s stuck in me head and won’t go away, ,, OH NO here it come again,,,, I call the Dr. up an say is there anything I can take to cure my belly ache, He say; You put da lime in the coconut and shake it all up,,, You put da lime in the coconut and drink all up,,, You put lime in the coconut and call me in da morning,,, ,,,,,, ,,,, come on every one sing,, put the lime,,,,,:59:

Nobody stepped on my toes - I simply couldn't let this one go without a comment. I fully realize it's a choice, everything we do to and on our bikes is a choice. I just see too many people who are convinced it's NOT a choice. They feel like they HAVE to do Stage One or bump it up to a 103 because the stock engine is crappy - your choice of words. You can easily read between the lines of their posts - won't be happy until they can brag about the latest engine mod. If this is what you're into. go for it. But don't belittle the fine and dependable product that the MOCO is putting out. I can just think of so many other better bikes if you want a screaming performance machine.

Crappy thanks to the EPA and NOT the MOCO. I never said it was HD to blame, just that they run leaner. I bought a HD and love it, spent MY hard cold cash on it and would not want any other manufacture. Dependable, yes they are thats why I wanted one! After turning wrenches for over 18 years on cagers, trucks, diesels and dealing with EPA regulations, I know there is more under the seat that I have been cheated out of. I have no desire to yank the jugs and bore them out and care less what others have under there seat. If they or you are happy with the way they are, then I am happy for you/them.
You say there are better bikes out there?:dknow
And let me correct myself-They are set up to run leaner=EPA=crappy.

I've gone back and CAREFULLY reread everyone's posts and come to the conclusion that I was misreading a few things that were said. Putting words into peoples' mouths, you might say.

I apologize - that's why my sig says "Tired" - I'm operating on about two hours sleep today!

I've gone back and CAREFULLY reread everyone's posts and come to the conclusion that I was misreading a few things that were said. Putting words into peoples' mouths, you might say.

I apologize - that's why my sig says "Tired" - I'm operating on about two hours sleep today!
No problem DR.! take a few beers and call us in the morning! :D It's Friday and its after beer thirty! enjoy the weekend, looks like we will have rain tomorrow and Sunday looks good to get on the Georgia roads, Get out, ride and be safe.
Oh and get some sleep!

Your right Smitty, it does not have to be done to get them to run "right". I guess what i mean is to have it run better. That make sense? (not trying to be a smart butt) :D
Right on with the Jones..When the Jones start paying my bills...maybe i will try to run with them....NOT!

Dr and twisted seems we agree
another reason we own HD's is because of what we can do to them the only limits are your cash, your dreams. your research into others dreams(made much easyer with the Hd Fourm) and timing when you explain it to your wife you must do it.
Right on Sir!!:bigsmiley12:

Just gathering and processing, guys. I want to do right by this awesome motor. Thanks for the info.

Knew my steel toed boots would come in handy :laugh

Every rider I know feels the urge to pimp out their bike to some degree just for the sake of not wanting it to look like every other of it’s make. Chrome this thingy, upgrade that do-hickey. It’s all good and it’s only money. I’m not using my grand kids inheritance, heck I’m leaving them one sharp bike !:bigsmiley11:

Back