free website stats program I may be Stickin my neck out here | Harley Davidson Forums

I may be Stickin my neck out here

Rebyl

Banned
But was wondering if there are any good links that are not just realated to HD products...not insulting HD its just that when I was riding the Honda Valkyrie there was a site that was sponsered by Valkyrie riders and it had all sorts of links to after market manufacturers of products that fitted the Valk extremely well and they were not cheap makeovers but a lot were produced by Valk fans and I am sure there are plenty who do it for the HD...but finding them is a mission and also a lot of dealers...(stealers) make a huge markup on original products...just like today, I was quoted $230NZ dollars for a 15" screen for my Ultra, when I know a company like Memphis Shades will do one for way way less, including shipping.
Sorry if I have offended but I like to shop around for good after market products.
Thanks

There's a few posts in the self help forum under the general section with info other than HD parts. In general although the HD parts are high priced, most of them are decent quality. There are also some after market manufacturers that surpass the HD product too, just have to be careful because there is also some cheap imitations out there too.

Thanks Guys, Yes I was a Metric rider for a long spell but my mates finally convinced....arm twisted....me onto the Ultra. Now the fun starts with adding all those extra bits that make it mine. First change is for the wife and that is the Pillion floor boards, I see that Rivco do a nice one, my wife is a real shorty and the rails on the hard bags dig into her legs something awefull and she can only just get her toes to touch the original ones, even with them on their highest setting

My dad just bought a vtx 1800 so now I can have my Harley back. The thing that interests me about that is his insurance costs roughly half of what mine does. His vtx is a 2002 and my fxrs is a 1987, I understand that metrics don't keep resale value like HDs do but that is a little asinine.

I would be careful with the evo industries pulley. The 96 engines aren't the strongest cranks and installing this will add more stress to a weak situation.

Thanks Rockin Rod, good links. Just ordered a higher screen from Rifle. Much cheaper than Stealer here in NZ..even with shipping costs. Now looking for adjustable pillion boards for my rather short wife, Rivco have em but 4395 plus shipping ....whew!!!!

Back