I may be back!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by EnjoyingTheRyde, Jun 26, 2014.

1. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

As some of you know, I went from my SG to a Can Am about a year ago. My decision was made because of where I live. I'm a mile in on a dirt road that isn't in the best condition and I hated bringing the SG home. I was always worried about dropping it in the loose gravel.

Well my Can Am has not turned out to be the ride i expected. I'm having clutching problems with the semi-automatic transmission that Can Am can't seem to fix.

To make a long story short, If we can't come to some sort of agreement, I'm going to start investigating the Triglide.

2. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

I hate to hear that there are issues with your ride, but you are always welcome here. :) And, who wouldn't love to have a 'valid' reason to buy a new Tri-Glide? :D

Welcome back!

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:s Ya Boy, go test ride 1, they are unique

4. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Do not forget to look into if there is a Lemon Law in your state for RV vehicles.....
    Of course you can not go wrong with a Tri Glide.....:s

5. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Well you have tried something else sometimes you only realise what you have once it is gone
    However it is not good when something does not meet expectations

Brian

6. rhino 2

rhino 2 Active Member

Been there done that...
    I hate to bash another brand, But every time I hear Can-Am I want to spit...
    I dumped my spyder back in 11 for a T/G.. Couldn't be any happier.

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

We all knew you'd be back anyway. Rhino sounds like he got the idea!

8. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

Yeah,everytime I see a Can-Am,I say "That's not a motorcycle".Lose the spyder and come back to Tri-Glide.You will love it!

9. EnjoyingTheRyde

EnjoyingTheRyde Junior Member

Not sure the lemon law would help but I'll look into it. This is a problem that my dealer has not been able to resolve so they brought BRP tech support in to help. Now that BRP tech support can not resolve it, BRP says that is operating "as it should".

Glad to hear, I have not ridden one yet but my dealer has a '14 that just came off the truck.

BRP does not claim it's a motorcycle, they call it a roadster. All but (two states?) require a motorcycle license to operate one though.

We'll see what transpires.

10. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

My thought has always been a snowmobile with wheels. Though I have always wanted to test ride one.....:p