free website stats program I love texas | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I love texas

I'm ( almost) too old to make 'Vrooom, vrooom..noises so, a little later, I'm going to blow out the snow around my trailer, open it just to look at and maybe sit on, my bike. I'll try not to get misty-eyed as the tears will freeze and annoy me further. I take it back..I'll probably make one or two 'vroom vroom sounds.

It's 46 now. I just got back from "lunch". I couldn't wait until tomorrow to knock the dust off. I got a new shield for my Standard and it's been killing me to get it out for an extended test. I got in about 60 miles today.

Shield works well as far as I can tell. I've heard a lot about these MoCo quick release shields buffetting badly on the FX's, but I get very little buffetting. I can wear Ray Bans behind it without my contacts drying up immediately. I think it's a keeper but I want to really put it through it's paces.

34 would be great. its 9 here and we have twenty plus inches of new snow over night. supposed to be ten below tonight. just got january out of the way and maybe see a dim light at the end of the tunnel and BAM! reminds me of my days in northern wisconsin.

Louisiana ain't too bad either. 50 degrees F this morning so got in about a 45 minute ride after breakfast. I hear it will be 65F this afternoon so there will be more riders out there today.

It's true Texas and other southern states offer more riding season. There is a price to pay as well, I have ridden both in the Northern climates as well as the Southern, and in the summer it is like riding in a oven down south. Just like a torch in your face. So southern states have the quantity, but the northern states have the quality. You cant beat riding in the wind in 70-80 degree weather in July. So it is almost a wash IMO. Best thing is to be able to go south for the winters... someday maybe..... :(

Back