free website stats program I love Florida | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I love Florida

[/I]I have never been out of the miami airport before but would love to take the time to see Florida. a few of us were planing a trip down there this month but it just didn't happen with our work, so we might try in the fall if we get the chance. Wife says if we move to the USA we are living in Florida, so how am i to argue:D

Ha, reminds me of my Hawaii experience, I saw the Honolulu airport bar for 30 mins while refueling a military flight. As for Florida, anytime after the 2nd week in October (ususally) the weather starts to cool off some and stays fairly decent until the last of March. Some years it's hotter in the winter than others. All the beaches are nice but we like the ones further away from the beaten path with grass dunes between the Motel and the water. Most of them have wood decks leading out to the beach.

Some key tourist items would be (starting north) the Swannee River area near White springs. No big crowds but beautiful country and canoe rentals. Nice back roads for bikes. Don lives near there. Then down between Gainsville and Micanopy is Don Garlits drag race museum right off I-4. (if you are an old drag race fan). Then down I-75 take the Ocala, Silver Springs exit to see some nice boat rides in the springs, and some great bike riding all along that area. You can take Hwy 40 all the way over to the east coast and Daytona.

And of course if you want big time attractions (with big time ticket cost etc) there is the Orlando-Kissimmee area in the middle of the state on I-4. There is really too many things in that area to cover, but you could easily spend a week there. Disney World is about 20miles southwest of Orlando. I live north of Lakeland a bit, a little east of Polk City.

Then of course the Everglades and Key West, but that is a quite a ride down there. I haven't been in years. A friend of mine still goes every 2 yrs. It's beautiful down there in February. Nice and cool before all the hurricane hassles start.

I'll say this, you could do worse than retiring in Florida. They have good homestead protection laws (you can't loose your home in a lawsuit, only through default on the loan). But I'm not sure if it beats your Margaritta Island.

I've got a stepson (in the Army) out at Ft. Hood Texas. He (and his wife) ride a Kawasaki Vucan bagger. He goes to some rallys every now and again. Don't know how far he is from your current work. He posts up some nice ride pics sometimes on his facebook. Seems like he called one of them Twisted Sisters or something like that. I forgot. Later......guy

Ha, reminds me of my Hawaii experience, I saw the Honolulu airport bar for 30 mins while refueling a military flight. As for Florida, anytime after the 2nd week in October (ususally) the weather starts to cool off some and stays fairly decent until the last of March. Some years it's hotter in the winter than others. All the beaches are nice but we like the ones further away from the beaten path with grass dunes between the Motel and the water. Most of them have wood decks leading out to the beach.

Some key tourist items would be (starting north) the Swannee River area near White springs. No big crowds but beautiful country and canoe rentals. Nice back roads for bikes. Don lives near there. Then down between Gainsville and Micanopy is Don Garlits drag race museum right off I-4. (if you are an old drag race fan). Then down I-75 take the Ocala, Silver Springs exit to see some nice boat rides in the springs, and some great bike riding all along that area. You can take Hwy 40 all the way over to the east coast and Daytona.

And of course if you want big time attractions (with big time ticket cost etc) there is the Orlando-Kissimmee area in the middle of the state on I-4. There is really too many things in that area to cover, but you could easily spend a week there. Disney World is about 20miles southwest of Orlando. I live north of Lakeland a bit, a little east of Polk City.

Then of course the Everglades and Key West, but that is a quite a ride down there. I haven't been in years. A friend of mine still goes every 2 yrs. It's beautiful down there in February. Nice and cool before all the hurricane hassles start.

I'll say this, you could do worse than retiring in Florida. They have good homestead protection laws (you can't loose your home in a lawsuit, only through default on the loan). But I'm not sure if it beats your Margaritta Island.

I've got a stepson (in the Army) out at Ft. Hood Texas. He (and his wife) ride a Kawasaki Vucan bagger. He goes to some rallys every now and again. Don't know how far he is from your current work. He posts up some nice ride pics sometimes on his facebook. Seems like he called one of them Twisted Sisters or something like that. I forgot. Later......guy

i like the small towns wife likes the big towns so we both happy with something between. not looking for retirement just until i do retire, retirement is on Margarita.
only been though Fthood on my way north to work. yes it is the twisted sisters ride a few friends and i are headed up there for a few days in a about 10days, first time so looking very forward to it. let him know that the Lone Star rally is well worth the ride.

Back