free website stats program I know this aint Kansas, but!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

I know this aint Kansas, but!!!

zoood

Product Contributor
What a tornado nightmare we had today!!!! We didnt get hit by any, nor do we have any damage. Thank GOD! Neighboring towns were hit with fatalities! Tornadoes were as close as a few miles at the south and the north of us. Most people around here dont have a basement. I built one just for that reason alone. And yes we were in it a few times. 1st time we got in the basement. There were reports of 8 tornadoes on the ground at the same time! We did get some rain but other places were swamped! Thank GOD again!
One of the tornadoes that passed by us was an F3, traveling at 60 to 70 MPH with a path length of 63 miles long and at times had a path width of 3 miles! Luckily for us and our close neighbors didnt get any damage and we were only with-out ...electric for a hour and a half. Thousands still have no power and have lost everything! We havent traveled around any-wheres. Every food store and business is closed because of no electric. Plus the police have everything blocked off. When I was talking with a friend on the phone. While standing outside. I could see the partial circumference of one of the tornadoes spinning with serious, scary lightning flashes, portraying the power of the beast! Ive seen videos of tornadoes. But had no idea that they can be this large!
zoood

Glad to hear you're OK, I feel for all that are impacted by all these tornadoes. I lost my entire home and all my belongings to an EF4 last June. Thankfully my daughter called and warned my wife and I of the impending storm. We could see it about 2 miles to the south of us and coming our way. We jumped into my work truck and drove about 3/4 of a mile to the East. We watched as the tornado ripped our 10 year old home to shreds. Thanks to having lots of life long friends and neighbors and plenty of home owners insurance, we are back on our feet.

Glad you're ok Zoood. I'm in the western part of NC and the wind was fierce, trees uprooted, roofs destroyed, etc. Even so, we missed the tornados that hit the middle and eastern part of the state. Mother Nature can be harsh at times.
Ishmael

Glad to hear your OK, Zood. I've watched that on the news. Sure left a big mess in its wake.

Don't recall hearing if anyone was killed during that mess. It'd be a miracle if noone was.

Hope everyone can get things back to normal soon.

ZOOOD, glad you are OK, the weather channel has said this year was going to be bad I guess they were not kidding, Prayers for all

Glad you made it through all right zoood. Was talking to my Dad in Greensboro, N.C. He said it was pretty bad and no where to run do to the wide path of the tornado.... He was missed by about 10 miles.

You did have some terrible weather there. Like has been said. Glad you are ok and hope other members your way are ok too.

I heard you got pounded pretty hard. We didn't get any tornados....as it was too cold when all that mess blew thru Kansas. We got 8" of snow driven by 65 mph winds, which still broke power poles and uprooted trees!

I don't remember getting this much wind in the spring, and I have worked for the power company 33+ years! This is shaping up to be a record breaker in 2011.

Back