free website stats program I just want to be clear... | Harley Davidson Forums

I just want to be clear...

ChiroRick

Just to be sure, I want some info from someone who knows...

I'm installing my Screaming Eagle air cleaner tonight. Going out of town tomorrow, bike is just going to sit over the weekend till I get back. Tuesday Night, I'll be installing the V&H Big Radius 2-into-1 exhaust, and using the V&H Fuelpak to program my ECM. That's it, right? After I program the values, I don't require the HD dealer to do anything...because that's the whole purpose of me buying the fuelpak. The plan is to install the SE stage 1 air intake kit, install the exhaust, and then, plug in the fuelpak and program it. Then, ride. Correct? There's no magic button that only HD will be able to press after I spend all this time and $$ on my bike?

My main concern is that I wanted to do all this myself (with a friend who is an experienced mechanic), and I have no intentions on wasting my $$ at the dealer.

Just to be sure, I want some info from someone who knows...

I'm installing my Screaming Eagle air cleaner tonight. Going out of town tomorrow, bike is just going to sit over the weekend till I get back. Tuesday Night, I'll be installing the V&H Big Radius 2-into-1 exhaust, and using the V&H Fuelpak to program my ECM. That's it, right? After I program the values, I don't require the HD dealer to do anything...because that's the whole purpose of me buying the fuelpak. The plan is to install the SE stage 1 air intake kit, install the exhaust, and then, plug in the fuelpak and program it. Then, ride. Correct? There's no magic button that only HD will be able to press after I spend all this time and $$ on my bike?

My main concern is that I wanted to do all this myself (with a friend who is an experienced mechanic), and I have no intentions on wasting my $$ at the dealer.

You should be fine, seat of the pants test ride will tell you what you need to know. H D cannot or in most cases will not attempt to override these changes, they would rather you spend your money on their narrow adjustments:s

I have the exact set up....Just program it and thats it...Its eazy...You can PM me if you need help..Mat

you guys are awesome. Looking forward to getting the exhaust and fuelpak installed on Tuesday night. Definetly riding the bike to work on Wednesday if it's not raining.

You can do this! We are all waiting for a report on that first ride!!

Sounds like a fun upgrade project & you + bike will be very happy. Make sure you re-torque the exhaust bolts after 50-mile test run to ensure all is snug. Good luck & keep us updated!

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm excited myself...it's hard to want Tuesday to get here quickly because I'm flying up to Atlantic City tonight to see Van Halen tomorrow night and I get to hang out backstage, so I don't want the weekend to go by too quick...

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm excited myself...it's hard to want Tuesday to get here quickly because I'm flying up to Atlantic City tonight to see Van Halen tomorrow night and I get to hang out backstage, so I don't want the weekend to go by too quick...

Ok, now that the cat's out-of-the-bag, we'll need some picture evidence from this concert...;)

Lucky you - enjoy the show!!!

Sounds like a fun upgrade project & you + bike will be very happy. Make sure you re-torque the exhaust bolts after 50-mile test run to ensure all is snug. Good luck & keep us updated!

10 ft lbs will do it Good Luck and enjoy the concert:s

Back