free website stats program I have "PMS" | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I have "PMS"

I sure have a case of it too! I put the Deuce away around November 15th and it seems like FOREVER! The only thing helping to preserve my questionable sanity is the fact that each week that it's in safe storage for winter months, gives me another paycheck to grab a piece of for the updates my indy is taking care of this winter.
Once the weather breaks, and we get some spring rains to flush the salt from the highways, I will be picking up my 'new and improved' perfect bike!
To those that can ride year-round, ENJOY! To those of us that can't, hang in there. I think I'm gonna plan some weekend treks for the summer during a few of these cold snowy nights. Anyone have suggestions for upstate NY rides?

RIDE SAFE, even if it's just in your recliner! :p

Counting my blessings.......Gonna be high 50s and sunny here in East Central Alabama (War Eagle!) on Saturday. Planning an all day ride with a couple buddies. Wish y'all were here!

Plenty snow over here in Norway as well - with some luck, first ride in mid/late March (although they won't clean the roads until mid April). But I have a tip for all of you suffering from PMS:)
Tear that old thing down to the bare frame with your head full of ideas for mods, and start worrying about how you are going to get it all done in time.

For my old sled, I've got these minor things to sort out:
- assemble new S&S 96in3 motor
- fit new gear-set in the tranny,
- fit 2002-up swingarm with home-made mods to improve lateral stiffness
- minor repairs and prepping/painting of frame
- repair welding and prepping/painting of rear fender
- relocate battery to under the seat (pre '93 tourers had the battery outboard on RH side). This to fit 'new' type saddlebags and possibly improve bike balance somewhat
- Repair/replace brittle wiring (not too much, luckily)
- fit new front wheel & EBC discs/pads
- wire in electronic speedo with pickup sensor
- plus various bit & pieces

Time is running fast, and I may need to move somewhere with longer winters - I hear northern parts of Alaska are stunning...

I started the little beast and let her run a bit as I cleared the drive way with the blower. The sound and smell will help me sleep tonight. I know it's not the best thing for my Sporty but, it does help keep me sane.

Impressive "to do" list. You certainly are going to be busy. :D

- And the 'worst' thing is that I initially thought I'd just get busy and do whatever I manage 'till spring comes. Now that I am staring at my naked frame, I realize that almost all items on my list are interconnected...
Well, it certainly cures the winter blues for me;).
Actually, I started immediately after parking the scoot for the winter, so I am well underway.

The problem us non-US residents have, is that it takes weeks to get parts for a reasonable price (going to the dealer is only an option for small bits&pieces). This means that for major stuff we are forced to plan ahead - not a bad thing in itself...

Anyone else got some major projects going on this winter?

Strange PMS has not been as bad this year.
Extended riding by an month and been working on the new Hd bedroom so it has kept my mind off it some.
I also plan to replace the RG so I have been trying to detach from it, makes it easier to let it go.

all that new room and shes goin , gotta due what it takes to get a new one i get it

Plenty snow over here in Norway as well - with some luck, first ride in mid/late March (although they won't clean the roads until mid April). But I have a tip for all of you suffering from PMS:)
Tear that old thing down to the bare frame with your head full of ideas for mods, and start worrying about how you are going to get it all done in time.

For my old sled, I've got these minor things to sort out:
- assemble new S&S 96in3 motor
- fit new gear-set in the tranny,
- fit 2002-up swingarm with home-made mods to improve lateral stiffness
- minor repairs and prepping/painting of frame
- repair welding and prepping/painting of rear fender
- relocate battery to under the seat (pre '93 tourers had the battery outboard on RH side). This to fit 'new' type saddlebags and possibly improve bike balance somewhat
- Repair/replace brittle wiring (not too much, luckily)
- fit new front wheel & EBC discs/pads
- wire in electronic speedo with pickup sensor
- plus various bit & pieces

Time is running fast, and I may need to move somewhere with longer winters - I hear northern parts of Alaska are stunning...
Don't make the battery box to low, when the suspension is compressed it will rub on the belt. But it can be done, been there, done that.:27:

Don't make the battery box to low, when the suspension is compressed it will rub on the belt. But it can be done, been there, done that.:27:

Thanks for the tip - I MIGHT have noticed, but could easily have missed that one. I was thinking 'as low as possible' to get the weight down, but now I'll have another look before making the box for it...
What battery did you go for? As I'm replacing mine anyway I was thinking of fitting a larger capacity (30Ah), more cube-shaped one that should fit better under the seat, also giving more spare capacity.
Did you do this on a tourer?

Back