free website stats program I have 2 HD Motor Heads.... | Harley Davidson Forums

I have 2 HD Motor Heads....

CaptainChaos79

I have 2 Harley Davidson Flathead motor heads I need help identifying...can't find numbers...I think I was told that one might be quite old but as my knowledge of motorcycle motors is very general...I could use some help

I have 2 Harley Davidson Flathead motor heads I need help identifying...can't find numbers...I think I was told that one might be quite old but as my knowledge of motorcycle motors is very general...I could use some help

Pictures? Pictures speak thousands of words in this case..

Pictures? Pictures speak thousands of words in this case..

Yes, Pictures Might Help...

WE have some REALLY OLD gear-heads here on the forum...

HDDon, geezer, Jeff K. and Jack K.

ONE of the mentioned above MAY have owned the bike the heads came off...:lero

would Not surprise me...:s

signed....OLD....BUBBIE

I do have pictures they are unfortunately on my phone but I will get them uploaded later this evening when I have more time so that ya'll can see them!

CaptainChaos; I gotta ask, what does 1994 Panhead (I think) mean under your Avitar? 1994 is 29 years too late for Panheads.

330px-Flathead.jpg

45, 74 and 80 flat heads looked like this often called side valve engines

Okay I a going to make an attempt at posting some pictures of ONE of the 2 motor heads I have and cross my fingers and hope someone can tell me what I have....or don't have...

That helps me a little but I really am not much of a motorcycle mechanic...I used to LOVE riding....until my (EDIT) of a first husband pitched me off the back of his bike on a dirt road at high speed and I was not wearing leather that day since we were only riding 2 miles up the road to pay our rent. After that and breaking my back in another accident its difficult for me to enjoy anymore without being scared to death...and who the (EDIT) wants a scared person clinging to them with a death grip on the back of their bike...lol. Anyhow I posted pics of one of the heads I've got. I will post some of the other one when I have some more time...my ol' man has pneumonia and I am taking care of him this weekend and that's keeping me pretty busy...Thanks for your help everyone!

CaptainChaos; I gotta ask, what does 1994 Panhead (I think) mean under your Avitar? 1994 is 29 years too late for Panheads.
Breeze, I was unsure on the model to be honest as it was purchased for me(us) by my boyfriend at the time and I was really quite disinterested in the whole idea at first. By the time he convinced me he could be trusted I had forgotten what the exact model was and since then i've developed a seizure condition which affects my memory recall. That was my best guess...I am certain it was a 1994 Harley and that it was the most beautiful color of dark red/maroon and that was the only time in my life since 1999 that I have enjoyed riding...lol I suppose I should call or text him and find out for sure what model it was since we still talk fairly often so I can correct that...

Moderator Note: Please read our rules on language

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Attachments

• Harley No1 Motorhead 7.jpg
    Harley No1 Motorhead 7.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Harley No1 Motorhead 4.jpg
    Harley No1 Motorhead 4.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Harley No1 Motorhead 5.jpg
    Harley No1 Motorhead 5.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Harley No1 Motorhead 6.jpg
    Harley No1 Motorhead 6.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Harley No1 Motorhaed 7.jpg
    Harley No1 Motorhaed 7.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
The photos you have posted are not of Harley cylinder heads. They are two stroke (two cycle) cylinders. Note the openings in the middle of the cylinders inside. These are transfer ports for the fuel to enter. from the bottom of the crankcase. The badly corroded carb. is an old Dellorto.

Well these were GIVEN to me by someone and I was told they were HD motor heads....obviously I was skeptical. Which is why I am on a forum where there are people who would know more than I...who gives away actual heads to HD motorcycles?

Back