free website stats program I hate winter | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate winter

Living in the "Sunshine" state I normally consider winter to be my riding season. Not this year. I rode Saturday in sleet and today I went riding around 1pm and it was about 35 out. Not so much fun. Supposed to be back in the 70's mid week though.

Goose season closed this week, ducks has been closed. deer season is long gone. my football team was never in it. nothing left except the 60 hour work weeks. spending time here helps though.

Mt. Washington, NH

-0.7°F Temps
59.8 mph/ Wind Speed
-31.6°F Wind Chill

Anyone for a ride up the autoroad?

Stuck here with work in TN and was wishing I was back in FL until I saw how cold it was throught most of the south. Last time we saw snow flurrys in Naples was in the late '80s. I'm looking forward to bringing the bike here in TN when the weather breaks the 40's. :)

No doubt about it,.....Northern winter's are tough, but look at the bright side of it.........
No Earthquakes,Sandstorms or Aligators to worry about!....lol

It's cold just about everywhere (except Arizona, isn't that right RetiredJake?)
It snowed 16 inches here in Roanoke,Va on Dec. 18th. It's been so cold, we still have some of that snow on the ground, that's unheard of here. Normally
snows & it's gone in 2 days. We all know what snow does for riding the bike.
Luckily I have a Kerosene Window Unit Heater & can get the temp up to about
68 degrees even on the coldest of days. I also have a 220 volt electric heater
that I bought from Northern Tools. I set it on the floor to knock the chill off the concrete & of course hot air rises, so it works great. Once the window unit gets the garage warm, the electric heater will keep it that way pretty much.

Boy Tank, you sure know how to rub it in. It barely get's 70 degrees in our house. It did feel like a heat wave today when I went for a ride, it got up to a whopping 31 degrees. :small3d023:

Back