free website stats program I hate winter | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate winter

Sorry to be one to disagree, but winter in SoCal (as long as it is not raining) is perfect riding weather...55 deg F to 70 deg F right now with the sun shining...so all one has to worry about is the cagers w/ their cell phones/texting...was stopped at a 4way stop light intersection, 2 of the 4 drivers stopped were talking on their phones!:small3d023:

7 below last night.....warmest night since Thursday. Had 18 below Friday night......Anyhow, manned-up, went out in the garage and pulled the cams out of my bike today. Good thing is the oil don't leak so much when it's only 20 in the garage!

I'm really ready for spring.

Smitty,

You are correct, 20 is pretty nice....... I great up in Wis so it ain't so bad but 50 would be nice for wrenching on the bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thankful that thus far we have had a 'mild' winter in the pacific northwest. It is supposed to be 51 tomorrow. I am rolling out the Fat Boy again.

Sorry to be one to disagree, but winter in SoCal (as long as it is not raining) is perfect riding weather...55 deg F to 70 deg F right now with the sun shining...so all one has to worry about is the cagers w/ their cell phones/texting...was stopped at a 4way stop light intersection, 2 of the 4 drivers stopped were talking on their phones!:small3d023:

:small3d023:Oh that is just sooo cruel. I feel for you, it must be so hard to make it through winter with temps like that, LOL :D.

I just keep repeating: at least there's no mosquitoes, at least there's no mosquitoes. It doesn't help much though.:bigsmiley29:

As for cell phones, that doesn't change much up here no matter what time of year.

Soon as the real estate market goes up we are selling our home and moving to a more "rider friendly" climate. I really enjoy Maine; all three seasons of it: Winter, Mud, and Fly.

Well, I'm outside of Daytona and we got sleet and some snow flurries yesterday. High of only 35. This morning, it's 23 outside and wind chills in the low teens. Suppose to be a high of 47 today and sun, so might try to take a short ride.

I know it's not the cold up north, but for the Floridians, this is nutty cold!!

Bike Week only a month and a half away... I hope it warms up by then, as the beer girls will be a little chilly if it doesn't :)

in england its the coldest its been since the 80s we have snow and the whole country seems to grind to a halt.oh and im descovering the joys of public transport at 5am.
ROLL ON SUMMER

When your a kid, the 0 degrees and 12 inches of snow is cool. You play outside for hours and don't feel a thing. Now, well, I get cold. I get really cold. I use to hunt and ice fish too but my hands can't take it. Most of all I hate winter becuase I can't ride. Maybe 10 more years before I retire and I'm moving to a state where at least 8 to 9 months I can ride. Just watching her sit there for 5 months or so is killing me. Like Smitty said, cutting back on salt to save WHAT? I'll be glad if they use less salt. But we sure don't have global here. Where does Gore live?

Back