free website stats program I hate winter | Page 12 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate winter

Going forward, please refer to "snow" as (the S word), and it's here yet again looking all nasty in my drive. At least I got the bike out last week for a couple of hours and boy was it good to feel the saddle under me. Man, I need rear tire again,, killlllllll me, a new bloody tire every spring. I should by some Dunlop stock.:p

Well, I don't hate Winter. Winter keeps the 500 miles per year, fair weather, wannabe road warriors away. Check out any Harley shop on a bright Summer day and the people there mostly look like they're dressed up for auditioning for the old pop group the Village People. What I hate is rain no matter what season of the year.

:newsmile055: :newsmile055: :newsmile055:

I am looking out my window as I type.......as of yesterday morning I was FINALLY able to see most of the blacktop in my driveway and backyard where we park.

Guess what it is doing right now?????

SNOWING.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!! :newsmile08:

WOW, you guys are getting an old fashioned "New England" winter! Up here in Maine it's raining at .24 inches per hour and I can see most of my lawn. What's up with that?

Hope you get some sunshine soon so the snow will melt and we can all get back to putting the wind in our face, but not from the snow blower. :D

:p well so much for wishfull thinking........
Been snowing since I got up today with predictions of 6" to 16" in our area which seems to be on the dividing line between 16" to 24" NOT GOOD :newsmile08: DOUBLE YUK!

I HEAR YA BLUES......same thing here in n e ohio,i've had my bike out 3 times this winter just long enough to satisfy the urge,but i'm in the same situation,i have christmas presents to install on my bike but have to put the heater on and have to deal with the sweating of everything for a while.........come on spring.

:p Well I guess we dodged another biggie as we ended up with about 10" but that wind around 50mph all night Thurs and into Fri was the pits.:newsmile055: It was tough to clear as the drifts were up to 3'. Man do I need some Sunshine and some 40* temps to melt some of this crap.:newsmile08:

I'm thinking "St Patrick's Day" & "SPRING!".... Everything Green,Green,Green! :bigsmiley11:

WOW Smit! You said it PERFECTLY! (except for the usual typos! :p )

Seriously Smitty, I couldn't have worded it better. I just dream all day about how many more days till Spring, (and we ARE down to DAYS now, not months!), and everytime I get my hopes up that "it's almost over", we get MORE snow!!!

This has been the WORST winter in memory for me. I used to actually LIKE a few snowfalls now and then, but if I NEVER saw it again after this winter that would be fine with me.

I just hope we don't get a repeat of last year's June here in Jersey, where it rained almost the ENTIRE MONTH.

Let's a pray for a warm and sunny riding season, as well as a safe one for all our members.

And let's pray it starts SOON!!! :D

Hope u all have an early spring, you sure deseve it its been cold all over. just got back from Key West last night, about 10 degrees colder than normal for this time of year colder than normal bike week also, stay warm all, Jack

No winter mods for me.:swoon I have no garage just a small shed, so I must wait for upper 40's, sunshine,snow melt and motivation to get me out in the driveway to add all the goodies that I've been aquireing over this long boring white season.:p Normally I can get in a few days of tinkering during winter but this year has been the pits with cold wet weather.:newsmile08:

Oh well its March now and time for me to start thinking positive :bigsmiley11:
only 16 days until "St Patricks Day" :small3d006: thats the beginning of the green season :newsmile075: which always puts a smile on this ole wrinkled mug.:bigsmiley25:

Its 35 out @ 1130 am, 24 tonite if my roads icy patches are visible at 730 am tomaro im good to ride to work. I have been able to ride about every 4 weeks this winter. I feel very lucky....

Back