free website stats program I hate to admit it BUT??? | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate to admit it BUT???

BuffaloBill

Hey gang

I was wondering if anyone else has had 2nd thoughts on their purchase? I started on a 1990 Heritage in 90 then got a 96, 99 Then I went to a 03 Road King (My all time favorite (until I purchased my 09) traded it in on a 07 Electra Glide Classic because I was thinking that this was going to be my last ride prior to retirement This past September got my current ride the Ultra in my opinion the best ride yet BUT I STILL MISS THE CLASSIC LINES OF THE ROAD KING CLASSIC Every time I get parts at the HD dealer I find myself going over to the Road King section I truly enjoy my 09 Ultra and would not trade it for anything But my true love is the RKC

Anyone else have indecision regarding their ride?

No regrets, I was fortunate enough to be able to keep my old ride a 96 softail when I purchased my Streetglide.Ive jumped on it a few times but theres realy no substitute for modern technology.The brakes alone make a difference big enough to make me wonder how I stopped in time all those years on the softail.

I'm a Dyna Diehard! Or Sporty!
I like the lightness, especially when getting it off the stand.
Granted, to each his own. And when someone goes by on one of those Laz-e-Boy Glides with stereo blasting, the latte maker on the handlebar steaming and the heated Genuine Naugahyde seat, I do get a little jealous. I do like good coffee and I know that latte machine could be trained to do coffee.:tounge:tounge

Ride what you wish and just enjoy them.
Second thoughts on should I or why didn't I is a normal part of life. Except for Softails. Shocks underneath just ain't right.:D

If I ever get a third it will be a Heritage Every time I see one I can not take my eyes off it.
The Fb stays with till I die the bagger currently a RG will be replaced someday and the Heritage is a dream :)

I'm with you Top, plan to keep my Ultra but sure would like to see that Turquoise and Cream Heritage sitting in the garage next to it. :D

I'm a Dyna Diehard! Or Sporty!
<snip>

I had a '99 Dyna which I loved! I then bought an '07 Softail Springer Classic. As much as I loved her it just wasn't me. So now I have an '07 Dyna. Goes hard and heaps of fun.

I still see my Springer at the dealer and hope that I can afford two bikes before she sells but if I'm just to have one then the FXDB is it for me. I just need to paint it black now!

Well I do have two but one is my wife's... she loves to ride but I do the washing and make sure the service is up to date the only thing I do not is ride "my second bike". I am glad she enjoys riding as I do!!

Yes, I have had second thoughts about trading my 07 RK for an 09 Ultra. I trully love the new bike but I do miss the RK. Like you, I love the RK's old style, which is what attracted me origionally. It reminded me of the first Harley I ever saw back in the early 60's.

I guess you can tell, I like blue!

Attachments

• DSC01813.jpg
    DSC01813.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01942 crop.jpg
    DSC01942 crop.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 35
Well I do have two but one is my wife's... she loves to ride but I do the washing and make sure the service is up to date the only thing I do not is ride "my second bike". I am glad she enjoys riding as I do!!
A very good way to do it. On the second bike.
Peg will help me do fluids and stuff on the bike. Even to the point of change wheels, bearings, tires and such. She has no problem getting hands dirty. If I can get her to do the Riders Edge course and update her license, I'll probably add a Sporty to the mix. But, before she gets on the road on a new bike, she'll ride the Virago as a learning tool and confidence builder.

Back