free website stats program I hate those street snakes! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate those street snakes!

I hate rain grooves and the metal reflectors we have on the roads in Florida:(

The new stretch of I95 down here in Brevard has the groovey surface. It is really bad, add the cagers and the way they drive down here and its real interesting!

Bodeen

I hate rain grooves and the metal reflectors we have on the roads in Florida:(

If you get really heavy rain it won't run off the road fast enough and the rain grouves give just a little traction to prevent hydroplaning; in dry weather they feel a little shakky but don't really do any harm. Tar snakes will be slippery in hot weather and in Texas at least when it is 90 + they makes curves exciting. Naturally there are more cracks in the curves so there are more tar patches, your front wheel will slip right over the snake then grip the road until you touch the next one; really a good idea to aim your front wheel between them as much as possible and give a little room the rider ahead of you.

A neighbor was talking with my wife after my accident and a friend of her's is currently on life support after hitting some tar over a crack. His buddy he was riding with didn't even realize he wrecked.

The first time I encountered really BAD tar snakes was last year in Lake George. It looked like they were fresh and so slippery we joked that they did it just for us. This year they are going nuts putting them down here in Maine, especially on the interstate ramps. My lady even mentioned that her SAAB slid around on them, that's with 50 series tires.

I think it's a commie plot! :bigsmiley19:

Little different spin to this subject, but we ended up behind a tar crew filling cracks in DC onetime w/my "white" vehicle...needless to say I increased the stock price on bug & tar remover for a day. Tough stuff to get loose - especially when cured.

Back