I hate Summer

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Rebyl, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Rebyl

Rebyl Banned

:D.....Tried to go for a ride this afternoon and the temp guage on the ultra was showing just on 90 degrees, so gave up after 20 miles and called in at a local pub for a couple of pints...well three actually:D then came home....man what a tough day....LOL

2. mrkihn

mrkihn Active Member

A little down under humor I take it

3. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

90 degrees? You must be talking about the turns in the road, cause everybody north of the ol' US "Mason Dixon Line" probably do not remember weather like that was ONLY 5 months ago... :small3d034: but they certainly can relate to your visit to the local pub for a brew or two :cheers

4. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Hmm. Seeing your in NZ, that gauge you are referring to could be either an air temp gauge (which means it is nice and toasty out - 90degF), or an oil temp gauge (which means your engine is running fairly cool - 90degC)!

In any event, ride carefully, and have fun.

BTW, if the gauge is an air temp gauge on your dash, see here:

Oil Temp Gauge Installation - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

5. gunnut

gunnut Junior Member

Couple pints of what??Is the drink driving down there slacker than here?We get away with 1 pint,but after some tests I've seen,even that is too much.Not that I'm patronising you,I dont touch alchohol when I'm driving,bike or car,what ever blows your fuses.....anyway,this is just sour grapes,fancy rubbing it in ...90degrees,sunny......humbug!!lol:bigsmiley8:

6. Romain

Romain Active Member

I second that.:s

7. Tommy LT

Tommy LT Active Member

I third that!

8. formike56

formike56 Junior Member

SNOW.... What's that??? Havn't seen that is a few years.

9. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

HD made two huge mistakes 1.Trying to build snowmobiles 2. Trying to build dirt bikes. The first one I never bought into,the second one I wish I hadn't.It brings back bad memories even after all these years:nosad

10. Jammr

Jammr Active Member

The motion is passed! :newsmile100: