free website stats program I hate electrical issues.... Desperately need advice | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I hate electrical issues.... Desperately need advice

Update: Ok so now I can get the bike to turn over and start with a little ether but it will die.. Its not getting fuel and when I took the petcock out I realized the flexible plastic hose that runs from the fuel pump to the petcock is broken.. Wonderful. I tried using a regular fuel line but it couldnt handle the pressure and would come loose when trying to run the bike. So I guess im going to need to get the oem part from harley.. cant seem to find it on bikebandit tho. Anyone have the manual that has a part number for what I'm talking about?

Do you mean fuel line inside the tank? That is 62357-00, Tank to intake hose assembly (with q.d.) is 62900-01B
Here is a cut and paste from this forum dated 12-11-10.
If you are going to use an aftermarket fuel line it needs to be one that is rated for inside the tank. It is SAE J30R10 5/16 fuel injection line. DO NOT USE fuel injection line that is not rated SAE J30R10 . It will not hold up. Don't ask me how I know. Many auto parts stores will carry this. I know that NAPA does.The 5/16 ID J30R10 hose is about $20.00 per foot. If you can't find it locally you can order it from here.
Auto Performance Engineering - Walbro fuel pumps and more
They also carry the flex line if you want to go that route. If you decide to go the flex line slice the old one ope and wrap it around the new one to act as a protective shield.The 8-inch flex hose is $3.00. The 15-inch flex hose is $5.00. At this price you can buy 2 of each to have an extra for a buddy.
Also if you decide to use the flex hose it can be tricky to get on the fittings. I heated them up slightly with a heat gun (careful not to melt the line) to make it easier to get on.
HTH,
Randall

Glider made a reply to the above post saying to use "high quality, Stainless Steel screw clamps on the internal line".

Last edited:
Electrical issues are my favorite area truthfully

Also upon getting inside the top of the tank check the plastic bracket that holds the Fuel Reg assy together
Last week on a police style one I found out someone had been in his tank B4 and the black fuel bracket was broken on both side tabs like someone preciously pried on it [ The Clip ]
So It had to be replaced

Those lines I would use a thin piece of string to hold them up while assembling your top back down so that you do Not accidently Drop any parts down inside your Tank ..

Also you have to pull the clutch in to fire up them babies .
I have a Big Suzuki IOntruder on the Rack right now and You have to just pull the clutch lever in a little then hit the start button ...

On your bike Being the wiring is probably on the outside of your handle bars make sure you have all your wires nice and neat
It is easy to pinch a wire by accident .

Just a few ideas

I work from a big motorcycle rack [ High up ] most of the time . So that is why I use monofilament fishing line to make sure no parts fall inside as it is a pain in the (EDIT) to pull off a heavy tank .

your Main fuses on the left side under the black cover sometimes can get a little dirty or eroded , blow I think it is a 10 - 15 Amp mini fuse blue
Good luck

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much Breeze thats good info. I should have this beast back on the road for my trip to hot springs this weekend.. really appreciate the advice.

Back