free website stats program i guess its time to quit smoking | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

i guess its time to quit smoking

my old lady 'insists' lol and ya i know its a nasty habit and bad for your health but that doesnt make it any easyer. even the price hasn't made me stop yet, tho i tell myself that money could go to a much better use lol like chrome ;-)
anybody out there figure out how to quit lol what worked for you? any advice is greatly apreciated.
thanks from me AND my old lady lol

Well as the doctor told me after I woke up after having a massive heart attack, "If you don't stop smoking then all I did was waste my time saving your life as you are going to die before your time!" Worked for me so far as it will be a year in November.

I quit smoking when I ended up in the hospital with double pneumonia. My doctor told me I could either quit smoking or die. Well, being a logical person I quit. 30 years later I am in here irritating you guys. Blame my doctor, but it is kind of fun pushing your buttons.:newsmile030:

my old lady 'insists' lol and ya i know its a nasty habit and bad for your health but that doesnt make it any easyer. even the price hasn't made me stop yet, tho i tell myself that money could go to a much better use lol like chrome ;-)
anybody out there figure out how to quit lol what worked for you? any advice is greatly apreciated.
thanks from me AND my old lady lol
Glad you are willing to try.
I need to again,cardiologist told me that because he doesn't want the stress
from withdrawl stressing my heart after the stress cardiomyopathy w/ heart failure,& helicopter-mercy flight,
that he gave me a year to try to wean back little by little.After a year, he will help me if needed.
To help wean back, I gnaw on natural cinnamon sticks,you can even draw/drag on them like a cigarette,if need be.
Takes awhile to get used to them, but they help ALOT.
hope this helps.
Scarlet

woe quite a turn out lol, thanks for sharing. i have tryd some of the available options but must admit i havent realy given it my all. iv had a heart attack some 10yrs ago and have a stint , you'd think that would be enough to cure my habit.

i like the idea of just dont have another one and you'l be quit lol im workin on the right mind set to find the willpower . cold turkey is the fastest way to get it out of your system , most of the help crutches out there just keep the nicoteen in you and prolong the hard part lol.

thanks again for the input guys

I lost my Mother and my Father to Smoking. Maybe that is why I never started. In those days I can still remember gasping for air in the back seat of the car while they both puffed away. Nobody really knew any better back then. My ol man was only 59 when he died of lung cancer, my mom made it to 72 if you weant to count two years of lugging oxygen. Bottom line is you will quit sooner or later, lets hope sooner. Like many here have said, only when you really want to you will. I can tell you both my parents told me they regretted not stopping. Too bad it was too late to see their grandchildren grow. I heard a quote once that makes a lot of sense. Maybe it will help you or maybe even others trying to accomplish something. I do not remember the author. Basically saying, don't go into anything with the attitude of trying, go into it with the attitude of doing. No trying.

"Do or do not, but do not try".

Good luck Brother.

cinnamon sticks huh lol havnt tryd that one yet but sounds interestin man like goin thru the motions in a healthy way lol ala kojak

do or do not great line man i think mr. meeagie said that lol but that IS the right attitude ;-) thanks man dont try DO

I don't know if it will help but here is a website I found. Become an EX

I know people who have quit using Chantix, but a prescription is required and most insurance will pay some of the cost.

Most people I know that have quit for good, just finally made up their mind that they weren't going to smoke anymore. My mother stopped one day and put a half pack of cigarettes in a junk drawer. She died about 18 years later and that half pack was still in her drawer. No clue why she kept it.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you do. It might motivate some others to quit.
:USA

Back