free website stats program I Gotta Be Honest... | Harley Davidson Forums

I Gotta Be Honest...

Drew

... I really like the looks of the Softail Deluxe. I know, I know... it's a girls bike (chime the naysayers) but I currently ride a sporty, so I guess I'm already used to that :p

I'm loving my current ride, and have over 1,100 miles on it in the past 7-8 weeks (first bike!). But that ST Deluxe, with the black/white two-toned paint, and big ol' fenders looks old school and pretty sweet looking to me.

Just wanted to comment... I have no inclination to buy a new bike at this time... just really like the looks of that Deluxe (along with the road king classic, dyna superglide custom, dyna fatbob, and the ST fatboy)... I give up, they're all really cool :newsmile07:

regards,
Drew

Whoa...a girls bike!!!!...Naw its either, or...Thinks its a design for shorter riders so they don't have do do the lowering thingee...but tall folks here has them as well ...and hey its a fantastic looking ride...many of the men around theses parts have em...and so do a few women....but hey the Lady who owns Doc's Harley Davidson in Kirkwood Mo. rides a Screamin Eagle Road King....and don't think thats a girls bike either. Its what you like and what comfortable ..they are a very classy ride. BTW I ride a Road King..cause I can touch the ground flat footed..on a sporty I could not...and felt a bit uncomfortable..so it ain't no "Girls" bike either....Harleys are for everyone...una -sexual ...lol

I am hoping that my "tongue in cheek" tone came through in my initial post. Yeah, ride what ya like. I am 6'1", 210lbs., so have no problem flat footing the Sporty. I have heard that the XL is actually one of the harder bikes to ride, Harley, or otherwise. I am very satisfied with my XL for now, but would not hesitate to buy a Deluxe, if that happens to be the "right" bike for me at some point.

regards,
Drew

The Deluxe is a heck of a bike, I don't think it can be considered a "girls" bike by any means.

<------Now the RK classic.....there's a bike for you!:D

The Deluxe is a heck of a bike, I don't think it can be considered a "girls" bike by any means.

<------Now the RK classic.....there's a bike for you!:D

Yea --- but if you want a real CLASSIC getcha the Ultra!!! lol!!! Just joshin' with ya Glider!!!! But in all honesty ---- They ALL look GREAT and THATS what draws' us to them -the beauty of a AMERICAN CLASSIC regardless if it's the Sporties,RK,Heritages,Ultra's !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (EDIT) YES I will buy another one when the time comes!!!! Off my soapbox now and back in the corner!!!! HA!!!!!!

coolest lookong girls bike I ever saw a solid black deluxe in my opinion is the only,well one of the only bikes that look good with those wide white walls . It is the only model that I would consider trading in my standard in on .

Well Sir, or her...I ride a FLSTNI and I'm not a girl. My last bike was a 99 Ultra Classic. Just sold it. Previous was a FXWD, then another shovel and a pan and a Triumph and Honda's. First bike was a Pony (Wards). My Deluxe is the best (second best to Ultra if you ask my wife) riding, handling and best looking bike I have ever owned. I'm 60 and been riding since 8.

Have a great day.

Vince

Girls bike?? You ride what you want to. The bigger touring bikes aren't for everyone. Most the people who called my sportster a girls bike can't afford a Harley of their own. Just let them keep blowing hot air while you're out enjoying your ride. :s

Back