free website stats program I got smelly gas.. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

I got smelly gas..

I hope you got your gas problem fixed. Nothing snows me off more than going out to the shop in the Spring and finding out that the snowing bike won't start. Makes you feel like you just got kicked in the snow.

I sure hope the snowing sun comes out soon so I can ride and not sit around making stupid snowing jokes on HDT!

The smell is an added incentive to go out and burn up that gas as soon as possible.:taunt I personally think that with the price per gallon being so high, you should be able to choose what your gas smells like. I am rather partial to strawberry myself.:newsmile108:

Matt, this reminded me of last summer, I was having trouble with our leaf blower that I use to blow the grass off the driveway with, it's a Stihl, nothing too fancy but pretty good. I couldn't get it to start, so I took it over while my neighbors were out chatting in the driveway. The may be just a bit more mechanically inclined than I, but they couldn't get it to run either....until one of them said, 'dump the gas out', so Ron dumps the gas in Tom's coffee can that he saves that stuff in and the leaf blower started up and ran for 3 minutes or so. We put fresh gas in it and haven't had a problem since.

My neighbor said that gas will not last like it used to, (and since my husband who may be a bit paranoid) keeps 4 or 5, 5 gallon cans of gas, the gas I was using could have been a bit old. :s Now, we cycle the gas in the cans more frequently.
Seams like even you get bad gas..:D.I put stable in my gas last spring in my snowmobile :hii..and wouldnt you know when fall came it wouldnt run and I had to clean the carbs...ETHANOL 10% and now thay want to go 15% but what do you do..Oh by the way I looked at some of your pitchers you made of your bike and thats a nice ride..Ride safe.:D

Have you drained it yet?IF it has gone bad,then you REALLY will smell it.It stinks.
Not only that,but the gas turns into a sludge with the consistency of honey.This will totally block your injectors and fuel pump.Resultant woes should be fairly obvious.

Cost of a few gallons of gas-$10 -$12 or so.Cost of new injectors and fuel pump? Way too scary to contemplate.Ditch it all.

Have you drained it yet?IF it has gone bad,then you REALLY will smell it.It stinks.
Not only that,but the gas turns into a sludge with the consistency of honey.This will totally block your injectors and fuel pump.Resultant woes should be fairly obvious.

Cost of a few gallons of gas-$10 -$12 or so.Cost of new injectors and fuel pump? Way too scary to contemplate.Ditch it all.

Hi..Yes I did drain the gas.It does smell like old gas but still looked ok .I work at home so I havent been to get fresh. Im going to gas station today and my wife will watch the store.....I hope :D.. We still have cold,sand on roads,mud in the driveway and would you belive it white stuff is falling from the sky so I cant ride my bike.:(.. I will open up the shop and start it up with the fresh gas in..I almost mad it with out saying..Its SNOOOOOWING..:newsmile071:

That's okay Matt...you did not use the four letter S word in your post...we keep our eyes open for that fluffy white stuff :p

I would highly suggest Beano. Two tablets in gas tank and Four tablets in user.
As far as siphoning goes, gas tank should be no problem...........you might have to hold owner down to get him siphoned out. He might yell out "SNOWIT!!!"
wilks3
:USA

Newhd...I am trying to keep things on track so from know on I will call the white stuff,,DANDRUFF..Hope you like it...:bigsmiley12:

I would highly suggest Beano. Two tablets in gas tank and Four tablets in user.
As far as siphoning goes, gas tank should be no problem...........you might have to hold owner down to get him siphoned out. He might yell out "SNOWIT!!!"
wilks3
:USA

LOL..I never new what beano was till today.:D..Im going to give it a try..Does it do the trick for you sir.? I have to tell you when I read this my wife could here me laugh from the other room:bigsmiley12:

Back