free website stats program I got nailed !! | Harley Davidson Forums

I got nailed !!

Goofuss

I am sure the this has been beat to death, but here it goes. I went to go for a ride today. I pulled my bike out and parked it. I thought I saw a stone in the rear tire, but on closer look it was a nail. :bigsmiley15:. So bottom line the tire only has 8300 miles on it. 1. do I take it to the dealer and have them put on a new tire, or do I have them put a tube in it? Thanks for your input.

With 8300 miles on it, there couldn't be much life left in it. You have to figure what your life is worth at this point. I would replace it with a new one.

You're doing better than me. My rear tire has 7000 miles on it and needs to be replaced. I'm still doing the research on which tire to get.

New tire for your tubeless tire application. Using an inner tube means more internal heating that a "tubeless" tire is not designed for, due to all the rubbing against the inside "raw rubber liner".

Also the reason most companies went to tubeless tires and cast/one piece wheels was to eliminate "sudden deflation" that CAN occur with tube tires verses tubeless tires (they have that soft "raw rubber liner" that makes it "self sealing" around thorns or nails that may penetrate the tire.

Depends on the condition of the tire, I got over 13,000 out of my last back tire. If the tread depth is still 1/2 of the original, put a new tube in it. Otherwise, replace.

Adding to RichardS & Glider...take the tire off and save money by doing a "carry-in" to your servicer...many will install and balance the tire FREE if you buy the tire from them. Not hard to do and there are plenty of riders & enthusiasts here to help you through...:s

I know it may very, but about how much do you think I will be saving taking the tire off myself? I did once on my Sportster. I remember it was not all that hard.

Back