free website stats program I got my new Rush slip on | Harley Davidson Forums

I got my new Rush slip on

McQueen1963

Hello everyone.
Finally, after waiting a month,and investing a lot of money, the aftermarket parts dealer handed me the new RUSH slip on mufflers (2 inches baffles) for my Heritage 2005. I had them installed. Gee I liked their sound. Previously, the HD dealer had calibrated the ECM for high-flow Screaming Eagle air filter and slip on mufflers HD part No. 80375-00 but I did not like their sound nor the performance. My question is, should I make a new calibration for RUSH mufflers.
Thanks in advance.

The dealer can only upgrade your ECM with HD calibrations based on their (HD) parts and not aftermarket parts. You should be close enough with the download they gave you to cover the rush mufflers. If you feel any surging at any speeds or lack of throttle response, it's best to get a fueler then similar to the TFI to add a bit more fuel.

glider
Thanks a lot . I will take your advice. May be I will have to get a fuelpak or something so and hope not to wait for another long month in order to get it

FWIW, the fuel pack uses maps that you download for specific add on options like the mufflers and the intake. The TFI does not use maps and adjusts infinitely with a tiny screwdriver much like a carburetor, much more user friendly.

glider
I got it
Is it something like this?
TFI Fuel Controller (plug and play version)
Fits: Harley Davidson Softail/High Compression/High HP
Fits Years: 1995-2005
Thanks again

Hi glider
I just sent an e mail to Dobeck Performance, asking for price (discount included for HDT members) and costs of shipping, time of delivery and so on for the TFI unit.
I hope the costs of shipping to Mexico City won´t be too high.
I´ll have to consult it with the piggy bank (second time)
Thanks. You light up the bikers ways

:D

Glider I recieved my TFI. They gave me a $100.00 discount being a verteran. They really care about military personal.
Ken

I agree...can't say enough about the folks there. I feel the product is great and the discount for Vets just lets you know what kind of company they are.
Wish there were more like them...scouts out!

Back