free website stats program I got my free Harley Ipod today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I got my free Harley Ipod today

If you were put on a list, chances are you aren't going to get it. I was told I would get mine and followed up 3 times to confirm. Well, I just received a call that they underestimated the demand and won't be getting the I-Pod, but have a choice of a book or $150 Shell gas card. "If it seems to good to be true, it usually is" holds true here. I'm disappointed to say the least.

What a joke!

I'd say a $150 gas card is a great "second" gift.

Yes, it is but...If I speak in 'straight talk' like the promotional card did and I put you on a, oh say, Honda instead of a Harley, would you be SATISFIED? :( Especially when they keep stringing you along say 4-6 weeks, make that 6-8 weeks, I mean expect in 2 more weeks due to the backlog, then a book or a gas card.

I can buy a $150 worth of gas in a second, I can't buy a I-Pod w/ a genuine Harley badge and shield on it. It's the principal of the thing.

I'm movin' on!

I wanted one so badly I have thought about ordering one from apple with the bar and shield engraved. They do offer engraving on their websight.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...They can't engrave the bar and shield logo on your I-pod because it would be a trademark infringement. The only way to get a HD one is if you get it from HD, and they apparently are not forthcoming.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...They can't engrave the bar and shield logo on your I-pod because it would be a trademark infringement. The only way to get a HD one is if you get it from HD, and they apparently are not forthcoming.

That's right. Again, read the promo card loaded with straight talk and it ends up resulting in a 'bait and switch' situation. Granted, some people received theirs, but if you send out x amount of promo cards, you (EDIT) well better be ready to fulfill the deal you made w/ a prospective buyer.

Here's how it looks in the big picture. You buy a Harley and are told they have enough parts to service it. Well, for some stupid reason the coils go out or an injector, then they tell you, sorry, but we didn't anticipate the parts to fail in such numbers and we'll just have to wait to produce them. Nevermind that you're paying monthly on a bike you can't use, just accept 'sorry for the underestimation'. I don't think this looks good.

I'm from the old school, if I tell you I will do something, I will do it!

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
About a month ago Harley sent me a coupon to come in and test ride their new line up and in exchange they would send me a free ipod Nano 8gb. I am already in the market to buy a bike so it was a win win situation really. The cool thing is that it has the Harley shield logo on there. I thought it was going to be solid black but it turned out to be a deep silver/charcoal color. Very cool and very free. I figured they would throw the coupon away, "forget" to send it or it would get lost in the mail, but sure enough it arrived today. I like free stuff especially with the Harley logo on it..lol. It's still illegal to wear head phones on or in a vehicle right? Anyone get one of these?

Maybe illegal to wear both phones, but in CA one is okay...

After seeing Delmars' ...Yay!!!:yahoo I want one now... :small3d036: Too bad promotion is over...:newsmile030:

You people sure like details! Yes the logo is on the back

back.jpg

Back