free website stats program I got it out of the way - I dropped my bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I got it out of the way - I dropped my bike

I put mine down turning right while taking off from a stop sign. Stalled the engine, rear tire locked up, front tire was turned and i was already leaning hard right, and down she went. I was able to stop it once it hit the engine guard, no damage to the bike, only my pride, just like you said. Picked it up, looked around, there was no one there, and took off. It happens, hopefully it always happens while going slow. Ride safe.

Tom

I've done the same thing in the past on a Suzuki and a Yamaha - twice in a rider's life is probably one too many without feeling a bit foolish but I don't think I'll ever do it again - no way I'm landing my HD on its side coz of the low speed/front brake/turned bars situation :D:D

I'm glad you and the bike are ok. I almost did the same thing not long go. It has happen or almost happen to all of us at one time or another. Glad you posted this. It is a good reminder to everyone. Ride safe.

ive bounced off the tarmac many times in my life
most of the time i got up picked up the bike and got on with the journey
but as time goes on experince builds up and you tend to stay upright when once you would have come off

Brian

all i can say is watch for gravel. took a trip over the handlebars. i was a bloody mess but looked worse than i was. lesson learned after a week off of work and new pipes and foot brake and peg.

I dropped mine last summer after I was stopped! We were on Skyline Drive and had stopped to hike to a waterfall,there was no room on the asphalt so I parked on the gravel.Standing there waiting for my wife to get off the bike the gravel just went out from under and down it went! The bike was fully loaded with all of our travel gear ,luggage Ect. and it was a bear to pick up.Only one scratch on it though,on the right lower bag,since touched up.And my wounded pride:(

Back