free website stats program I got it out of the way - I dropped my bike | Harley Davidson Forums

I got it out of the way - I dropped my bike

Lucy

I knew it would eventually happen, and it did. It was a beautiful day so I headed to the local dealer to have the State inspection done and pulling into the lot I touched the front break with the front wheel turned and down she went. Nothing harmed but my pride. I figure now that I've done it I can just move on....

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as there was no damage to you or the bike, consider it a lesson learned. Glad you're both ok!!!

Glad you came through it OK.
NEVER use the front brake with the bars turned. Sure recipe for destruction.

My brain knew not to touch that brake, but my hand did not compute. I'm sure I won't do it again! Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

Found that out last June when I brought my new bike home day one. Turned it around in the driveway and hit the front brake. Didn't drop it but I came closer that I want to come again.

Glad nothing happened to you or the ride!!

Glad to hear that you weren't hurt , thanks for sharing your experience with us so we all might keep in mind that there is still loose stuff on the roads and intersections

No worries Lucy...I recently did the deed in November...when my bike "pogo'd" over a speed bump, a simple parking lot maneuver with same result...was able to slow the bike going all the way over to gently lay on the engine guard, no harm, no foul and NO ONE LOOKING...so righted and was off. Puts new meaning to the phrase, "Ride like ya stole it..."!!!

Back