free website stats program I Got Chewed Out | Harley Davidson Forums

I Got Chewed Out

RickyBobby

A co worker has a Honda VTX and it is black like my FXDB. He asked me how I kept dust off it and was admiring the shine. I use Pledge on my paint and chrome and told him to give it a try.
Well, he washed his bike and dried it and then used Pledge multi surface on his scoot. He left the bike outside for a while and when he returned he had bees on it. He didn't say how many, but more than a few. Turns out he is very allergic to bees and that is why he washed his bike again the next day to get the scent off.
Well, I was sorry and told him so, but I have never had a problem like that. Has anyone else? :(

Maybe he was getting "natures" free wax job! Bee's wax can't be all that bad I'm a thinking.....:D
Ugly John

A co worker has a Honda VTX and it is black like my FXDB. He asked me how I kept dust off it and was admiring the shine. I use Pledge on my paint and chrome and told him to give it a try.
Well, he washed his bike and dried it and then used Pledge multi surface on his scoot. He left the bike outside for a while and when he returned he had bees on it. He didn't say how many, but more than a few. Turns out he is very allergic to bees and that is why he washed his bike again the next day to get the scent off.
Well, I was sorry and told him so, but I have never had a problem like that. Has anyone else? :(

A co-worker of mine just bought some Pledge to shine his Softail....I couldnt recommend it because my bike has the denim finish...he did say he bought the multi surface non scented ....:rider

That's interesting. I saw a pic of a bike that had a whole swarm of bees covering his handle bars and part of his tank........I wonder if that is why.

I did have a similar problem when I washed my bike, dried it, and was using original lemon scented Pledge to shine it. At first it was only one or two. Then there were a half dozen or so. We have Africanized honey bees in this area of Texas, and the bees swarming around my bike that day were definitely aggressive. I was trying to "shoo" them away with a rag, but that seemed to make more aggressive. One finally stung me on the palm of my hand. I'd had enough, and got out the yard fogger!! Bike looked good though!!

TQ

Wow, Ive never had that problem. But I think mine is the potpourri scent pledge. Im not sure. Its in the garage. Yeah, that wouldnt be good for someone who is allergic.

I asked my co worker about which Pledge he used again today. He wasn't sure if it was scented, but he said it was all purpose. Then he told me he did a test by spraying some on the fence and after a bit a few more bees showed up at the spot where he sprayed. Strange.
He went on to say he checked all the eves on his house and saw nothing that looked like a nest. He may have someone keeping bees somewhere near him though. Around here in the spring the bee keepers set out white wooden nests to pollinate the walnuts, citrus and plums. I don't know where they keep them after that, but this time of year I have seen them stacked up near alfalfa fields.
Well, anyway he said he would take a look at the can and tell me. I told him I had put it on a Harley forum for input and that more info would help, since some folks are so allergic that they have to carry a kit to give themselves a shot if stung or not be able to breathe. He said he had one of those and so far hasn't had to use it, but he had bad problems when he was stung in years gone by.
Anyway, I love the shine on paint and chrome and since I park at work and it gets dusty at times, I like that very little dust sticks to the Pledge.

Back