free website stats program I give up, plugs fouling | Harley Davidson Forums

I give up, plugs fouling

dangerdan

I give up , the bike is going to the HD dealer for leaking forks, safety inspection, fouling plugs and back firing thru carb and exhaust.

Rode bike yesterday and no problem, today it back fires thru carb and exhaust, new plugs foul up 1 hr, at idle RPM goes up 300 - 400 RPM, tried fresh gas and had a lengthly discussion with Fisher last April regarding S&S Super E.
The only thing not replaced was the HV coil.

I thought this problem was resolved and now the same issue has come back with a vengance ... I suspect the carb, possible float issue or needle valve. ::small3d023::small3d023:

I'm not looking for advise , just venting my frustration . ::small3d023::small3d023:

Will update in about 2 weeks

Sounds like carb issue or vacuum leak. Fouled plugs after 1 hr? wow. Do they look wet with fuel, oily or just black? I'm not a Harley mechanic but have been working on Fords for the last 25 years, not that that means anything.:57:

DRY , AND BLACK just like sad girls hair ,:bigsmiley13:

I emptied half a can of wd 40 - no leaks
Hooked up a vacuum gauge to VOES line - no leaks

This ran like a champ last year with no baffles.
I later installed lollipop baffles.

Last edited:
Stock HD plugs, standard for 95 EVO
Timing never checked, Thats my next project.
Bought a new HV coil today, just in case
HD plug wires 30 days old.

I removed S&S carb today ....interesting.

On the bike the enricher lever which operates the enricher plunger was smooth as silk, off the bike it sticks 1/4 way down. Mmmm thats not good.
No wonder plugs are black. All the extra fuel fouling the plugs.

HD dealer now has it. Lets see what they can do with it ?? :):):)

Back