free website stats program I fixed that "UGLY" area on my Road King Today! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I fixed that "UGLY" area on my Road King Today!

Will the kit - part number you referenced fit a 99' Road King?

It's a harley part #91066-07 and fits 99 and later RK's. It's a spin off from the street glide and a VERY easy installation too. It's also a running and a brake light. I think they make them just running lights too under a different part number.

KIT, TRI-BAR LED FENDER LIGHT Rear Suspension Kits and Accessories Harley Davidson Parts and Accessories

bike022R.jpg

Last edited:
Glider,
Do you need a voltage regulator of some sort when using that LED fender kit?
Kind of new to the LED lights so trying to learn.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Glider,
Do you need a voltage regulator of some sort when using that LED fender kit?
Kind of new to the LED lights so trying to learn.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Jeff

It depends on what and how much lighting changes you are planning. Just the addition of this unit that I used doesn't require any changes at all. If you were to replace say the 2 rear lights with LED's you would be OK but if you did all 4 then you would need a load equalizer because the TSM/TSSM can self adjust to the changes to a degree but when the change is too much as in 4 lights then it will not adjust enough and you will set a code.

Thank you Glider,
I hope you don't mind but I’m going to copy your fender light set up. I just don't like that arrowhead look on her fender.

No problem at all Jeff. That's why I added it too, I didn't like the short look and the tip on the fender.

I found that using a hot topper the size of the insert in the filler cap works just as well as the $50 chrome piece from harley. You attach it after cleaning the cap with some silicone. They have one that is 1 3/8", just perfect for this.

I got that part at Santa Cruz HD for $99.....by accident. I was looking the transmission interface kit that cost $99(which I got at a later date)and the fender kit trying to decide which one to get. I guess the guy punched in the number for that instead of the one for the fender kit. I didn't really notice it until I got home and saw the receipt said I got the Trans. kit. Does not going back and correcting the error make me a bad person??? Hope not. Also, Glider, does the kit sit flush agains you fender on the sides? Mine sticks out alittle.

Back