i finally got the bike back together, here it is.

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by frankenstienbike, Apr 4, 2010.

1. frankenstienbike

frankenstienbike Member

i finally got the bike back together aftewr a few months of work. i had the frame and heads and jugs and a few other parts powder coated. i rebuilt the engine and trans, rewired it, cleaned it up and addeed some new pipes. along with a few other things. it was a lot of work but it payed off.

i bought my dad an old goldwing (1987). he wanted one since i was a kid but couldnt afford it (he has 7 kids) so he came up to indiana from north carolina to pick it up last weekend and ride it home. long story short, that was the motivation to get it back together, im happy to say we did get to go on one ride together before he took off...

so it all payed off.

Attached Files:

2. Davidw2415

Davidw2415 Senior Member

Very nice. Best part is, you got to go on a ride with your dad.

3. buck484

buck484 Active Member Contributor

Excellent work and I bet riding with Dad was an added pleasure. Don't wait too long until you do it again. Nice scoot!

4. Adamal47

Adamal47 Active Member

The bike looks awesome..congrats to you and your father

5. sprinklerfitter669

sprinklerfitter669 Junior Member

very nice, i agree with Hobit, the pipes and brake light cover are very cool.
    The paint looks great to..

6. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

very nice like the paint

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Hey that is one nice looking bike, don't quite know what is Frankenstein about it...that would draw visions of Mary Shelley or Boris Karloff fiction anyway, but the happy ending, being able to ride with your Dad after getting him the gift AND to get that show bike together is an awesome thing dreams are made of. :small3d036:

8. Big Rol

Big Rol Active Member

Nice, love the front end, the shields look really. Anybody know if something similar is available for V&H BR, cool and functional.

9. barreraj

barreraj Member

that is very cool ,

10. SixPak

SixPak Junior Member

Very sharp looking bike. You did a great job!