free website stats program I Did It!! I'm a Wrencher Now! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I Did It!! I'm a Wrencher Now!

Congrats on the new level of life! I'm almost there. I have all my stuff to do my service, but I haven't had the timing to be here with the weather yet, but my day is coming. I almost did it tonight, but I chickened out because I didn't want to risk riding it on the roads, (got another storm moving in and they pre-treat the roads with some chemicals, and when it came right down to it, I didn't want to risk getting any chemicals on the bike).

I got a service manual last week, I'm really glad I did, kind of like having the comfort blanket huh? The really good news is, I haven't done mine yet, but, my husband asked me tonight if I got enough stuff to do both bikes! I loved it! He teases me a lot now for becoming a gear head, (I'm not there yet, but I'm just getting started). :D

Here's another tidbit, we picked up a bike lift at Sears fro $170. My husband wants to get a lift table for his shop, I think I have him talked into it....:s, I find it a bit easier to spend than he does.......I guess that's why we work out so well, we balance each other out, fortunately, he balances the check book. I like Hobbits next investment, but honey needs the table to work on the lawn mowers. Okay by me! Anyway, keep having fun tinkering on the new toy.....I figure when I read this kind of post, I will be okay too. I feel like I know just enough to be dangerous........the monster is born :bigsmiley18:

Joy

You'll be surprised at the things you can do once you try them. It's just getting the courage to give it a go the first time. Double check everything you do in the beginning and keep the manual handy.

Joy

You'll be surprised at the things you can do once you try them. It's just getting the courage to give it a go the first time. Double check everything you do in the beginning and keep the manual handy.
Yup, definitely will have the books there. When I got the manual for mine, I asked him if we needed one for his, and as I should have known, he had it already! He has a habit of buying the manuals as soon as we get something he may have to work on! ;)

Good work, I also have no mechanical background.I don't even change the oil in my truck, but I will on my roadking and my wife sporty, I enjoy spending time in the garage. I got the service and parts manuals for help, but I'm sure this forum will get you all your answers
I started with simple chrome pieces, then I got a little more confident and changed hand controls,installed a sound system,even changed exhaust V&H slip on for the sporty, dresser dual and fuel pak on my rk. I have chrome forks,brake calibers ,and braided lines to tackle next.
I have the parts, but I think I will wait until I need to replace the brakes. I only have 7k on the rk, no use throwing out new parts.So next winter I will have a project to pass the long winter
For now I will wait for this snow to leave so I can try my new exhaust

Rck How did the Fuelpack workout for you? any problems with the install or mapping. I've had one for my Fatboy for for awhile; just haven't gotten around to installing it yet.
I have pipes and Stage one kit to go with it.

The fuel pak installation was easy. I e-mailed V&S tech to make sure I had the right mapping values, based on what the dealer originally did (V&S slip on,SE air filter,and cartridge) After that it was simple, although I will have to wait for the roads to clean up before road testing.

Congrats, where were you yesterday when I had to replace my fork seals. I could have used a hand.:s

Back