free website stats program I could use a good belt right about now... | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

I could use a good belt right about now...

Great ending - glad to see everything worked out & hope they enjoy the donuts...we call them "happy pills." :D

joyflyin,
Feels like I already won. Please look for change of $tatu$ soon.

R_W_B,
Agreed! Customer service like this pays both the Buyer and the Seller!

BUBBIE,
No details yet, forgot to ask. If I can remember I'll take pictures and find out more. Your estimate may be a little conservative. I did ask how much if not covered, was told it would have been more in the $750.00 area at least. I like your suggestion about the kissin' the Gal. Could be trouble for me as the S/O will be there. I don't know if she would think it's a good idea. Details later...

Sunnysideup,
I think you're right too. I live about 200 yards off the paved road. I'll have to add "Belt Check" to the preflight list also.

Iceman24,
Sometimes a little sugar goes a long way!

Last Saturday I was riding to meet some friends in Sacramento. I was off the Highway, when My drive belt broke at the stoplight. Light turned Green, let the clutch out, no go.

Had bike picked up and taken to Sacramento Harley Davidson, it got there just at closing.

Service department closed until Tuesday.

I've had the bike 4 months and 2700+ miles. It is a '09, Softail Custom, I am the first owner.

I have installed: Dobeck's Gen 3 EJK, K&N Intake Kit, and American Custom slip ons.

Had 1000 Mile service done at San Jose H-D in February.

I'm expecting a fight from H-D regarding warranty coverage. Other than remaining Cool, Calm, and Collected what else should I be ready with?

Now, the Finale...

Rode bike home yesterday, from Sacramento to Santa Clara County. Repairs done UNDER WARRANTY.

Talked to technicians, no obvious damage from foreign material or evidence of abuse. It just happened.Cell_Phone_Pics0107.jpg

Cell_Phone_Pics0108.jpg

Yes, I did bring doughnuts, ( "Happy Pills" ).
No, I did not kiss the most attractive Woman there, lost my nerve.

A Good Ending to a potential disaster.

Thank You, all of You, for your support!

Back