free website stats program I confused | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

I confused

Hello Abdullah and welcome to the hdtimeline.

I have to agree with all of the above. Start with a smaller and cheaper bike to learn and get a some experience. You're probably going to have a minor wreck or at least lay the bike down on its side if you have never ridden before. I'm sure you wouldn't want to scratch up a new bike.

Take the riders course.

Ride safe

twoup

Listen to Glider,and the others who say ride cheap,and small at first.From my own experience I started on a 150cc,then straight to a 500cc which in the fullness of time,and several crashes(one cost me a kneecap)taught me to ride safely and with much respect!

I worked in Jeddah in the 70's and I know how hot it gets.

Will the new HD take the heat in stop and go traffic which can be brutal at times.

Personally I would be tempted to go with a watercooled bike. If you have the need to buy a Fatboy then find yourself a cheap dirt bike and pratice in the desert.

Thanks for your all suggestions and I appreciate it, and I will do it

may be I will learn riding with my friend's bike or bay cheep one. After that I will bay uesd fat boy

it not important how is bike looks but how are you feeling when you riding HD

I like fatboy and i dont know Why. It is between havey bike like king raod and normal bike. It is regular bike and beautifull.

I am proud to be with you in this forum.

Abdullah Al-Ghamdi - Saudi Arabia

It is better to learn on a smaller bike as most have pointed out. Then again, if a Fatboy is what you want, and nothing else is going to make you happy, then go for it. You should take a riding course first, and then see if your dealer offers rentals. If so, you should be able to switch bike's during the rental period so that you can get a feel for different models. That's exactly what I did, and I ended up with an Ultra. First bike I've ever owned, and I love it!

Back